No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! Brilliant, I’ll try to get my others posted up before I head in to work. I didn’t want to know the price on that Sylphia.

Comment

Right, I won't bore you all with individual photos and blurbs for each game as you're probably sick of my rambling, but here's my HuCard haul. Every single one of these games is great in my opinion, to be honest there's never been another system made that has so many games I love as the PC-Engine. Ten years out of owning physical copies of these has been fine as obviously I've been using emulation, but you really can't beat owning the original games!

Comment

Saturdays delivery and that's my lot for a while , well I say that but don't we all ?

Comment

Loving how active this thread is these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post

W-Ring is so underrated, everyone raves on about the usual suspects ( rightly so) but W-Ring always seems to fly under the radar. The music on level 3 just chip tune sublime

Comment

Absolutely. I think the same can be applied to Violent Soldier.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                Skills, I'm a fan of crest of wolf it's deffo fun and the music is cool, but then again I actually love Burning Fight so maybe easily pleased. I can't get off the first stage on Rayxanber II I'm ashamed paha. Quality on those with the spines too, amazing.

Won something decent last night and should have a few more to show off soon
                Lol, don't worry. I have a similar issue with that game. It's so bloody demanding.

Comment

Posting this in here as part of it was a fairly recent arrival!

Spent a bit of the day retro brighting the white PC-Engine system that I'd picked up from Jamie in the hopes that I could get it to be somewhere near the same colour as the near mint CD-Rom2 I picked up a while back. I'd tried to get one to match already but it wasn't in good enough condition so I sold it on and just I've had a Core Grafx in the IFU since.

Anyway, pretty pleased with the results, it's always been my favourite PCE combo. After working on it today I reckon I've very nearly got them to be a perfect match. I'll maybe give it another hours treatment on the next nice day we get. Should probably have taken a before pic as well to show the change mind you.

Comment

Looks pretty good to me. I did a lot of vapor retrobright over the summer and I found that you could never get it back 100% to original colour, there appears a change to the grey making it more yellow than blue hue. But that’s only apparent if you put it side by side and are aware of the history. That’s despite attempting to really push the process in high temperatures for extended periods. It just seemed to get to a point and then couldn’t be taken any further. Whenever you do this also it can make the plastic brittle and I did get one breakage, so I wouldn’t recommend any further exposure.

Comment

Sorry, the PC-Engine arrivals continue. (Not sorry!)

Comment

Should just rename this thread to Colin's recent pick ups. ��

Comment

I was thinking "The Official PC Engine Thread".

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                          Should just rename this thread to Colin's recent pick ups. ��
                          Last edited by Zaki; 07-10-2023, 12:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            Posting this in here as part of it was a fairly recent arrival!

Spent a bit of the day retro brighting the white PC-Engine system that I'd picked up from Jamie in the hopes that I could get it to be somewhere near the same colour as the near mint CD-Rom2 I picked up a while back. I'd tried to get one to match already but it wasn't in good enough condition so I sold it on and just I've had a Core Grafx in the IFU since.

Anyway, pretty pleased with the results, it's always been my favourite PCE combo. After working on it today I reckon I've very nearly got them to be a perfect match. I'll maybe give it another hours treatment on the next nice day we get. Should probably have taken a before pic as well to show the change mind you.

That's the best looking game console I've ever seen. By such a margin it's ridiculous. How gorgeous is that!?

Comment

I've always loved the look of that set-up. Just oozes class and sophistication.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                I was looking for this one for a while, and even got it at a reasonable price.

This one wasn't as reasonable...

Comment

Working...
                                X