Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    I love Devil Crash.

In very tangentially related news, Xenotilt, the sequel to recent Naxat homage Demon's Tilt, came out on Steam in Early Access today.

But I am buuuuuummed about it, cos this time around there's no Mac version, at least not yet
    That reminds me I’ve still never got round to buying Demon’s Tilt, thanks!

Comment

It's a really fun game!

Comment

I don't know why I bothered typing there would be no more for a while, I knew it was a lie and you lot probably did too.

And if I'm being really honest, there's a bunch more winging their way to me in the post now.

Comment

Ah jeez, I hate it when it's me back to back in this thread, I always hope someone will buy in between to make me not feel so guilty!

So I got chatting with a really nice lad on eBay that I'd already done a wee bundle deal with previously, and he was good enough to drop the prices on this lot by a fair bit if we did a package deal. I'd been wanting to reign the buying in a little but the way things are I just can't see these popping up too often, and certainly not in this condition. All originals of course and the discs are immaculate.

First up its Summer Carnival '93. If I'm honest I would've just preferred to get a standard original Nexzr mainly because I love the box art, but both contain the awesome game itself, although '93 loses the cut scenes and is much more reasonably priced. The Caravan modes in SC '93 are always fun if you just want a quick blast trying to beat your best score.

Next up it's Cotton. To be honest this is just a whole post of shmups, but what can you do when the system has so many great ones? Probably my favourite game from the series, and I think the only one I can ever remember completing.

But going from games I can complete, here's one I certainly never have, though not for lack of trying! Image Fight II just absolutely boots my arse every single time. In order for me to get any decent distance in to it I literally have to sit having a session on it for hours so that I can remember patterns, I just can't just sit down and instantly get through a few stages, a problem I also have with Tatsujin. Probably an age thing.

Then it's undoubtedly one of my favourite PCE shooters, Zero Wing. I love the MD version as well, but I just adore the soundtrack on the Super CD-Rom, one to really crank the volume on.

The last big(ish) hitter from my wants list, Super Darius II. Never really played a Darius game I didn't like to be honest, and this one is yet another belter.

And just because they can't all be bangers, lets finish off with a wee stinker, even though I can't deny I have a wee soft spot for it. Rock On isn't going to be troubling anyone's top 100 list on the system, but I've always had a bit of fun with it. I think it stems from when I had a copy of it way back when I was young and I could afford much less games, and had to wring as much entertainment out of them as I could.

Now please someone else post a new arrival, before I find myself back in here posting anything else!

Comment

Just had a bab so can't get many big spends in at the min deffo a soft spot for Rock On recall CVG giving it a half decent review when it came out. I opted for summer carnival 93 over nexzr, its the sane man's choice

Need to get Image Fight II one day but I know playing it will be a humiliating experience heh.

Comment

Some Awsome PC Engine buys as always. Some quite expensive titles there too.
              I would post some stuff myself but I've splurged out on the Sharp X68000 mini which is due to arrive at the end of September.

Comment

My proxy's got a packing backlog going on right now so I'm afraid I'm also some way off being able to help out with a combo breaker

Those PCE CDs complete with spines are such a thing of beauty. Nexzr is still on my list to hunt down and those differences between versions are good to know!

Comment

PCE and especially PCE CD stuff looks the absolute best

Comment

Nice gets there [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION], enjoying the regular drip feed of great games in this thread

I'm just waiting on DHL to deliver my latest package, it's currently out for delivery

Comment

Thank god, someone else has bought something.

I only have one more game to arrive at the mo', I won't be posting it until there's at least one more arrival pictured in the thread.

Comment

Nope, DHL have totally ballsed it up and I'm now in a VAT row with them, won't be getting this parcel any time soon. Currently on to HMRC to see if it's worth paying the VAT and claiming it back or just letting the parcel go back to Japan and ship it with a semi-capable company.

Comment

Unless it's worth under 20 quid, surely you're bang to rights?
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            Unless it's worth under 20 quid, surely you're bang to rights?
                            The law as of a few years ago is that packages under the value of £135 don't incur fees.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              The law as of a few years ago is that packages under the value of £135 don't incur fees.
                              I wish it was like that here where EVERYTHING gets taxed.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                Wrong thing. There's a difference between import duty (taxing based on what the item IS) and VAT which is levelled on everything regardless. Yes, the threshold for import duty has generally been £135. VAT is levelled on anything declared £18 and over (£36 if declared as a gift, unless that's been done away with). Phillv is railing against VAT so I'm assuming the declared amount here.
                                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                                X