Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUOTE=fuse;n2499323]
    Don't worry, I didn't forget. Arrangements were made and I finally got all of this to my flat this weekend, which is now even more overloaded than it was previously. I... definitely have to shift some of this, particularly given for some systems in particular there's a reasonable amount of duplicates vs what I already have.

ANYWAY.

Turns out there was a lot more additional SFC stuff still even after what I brought back in the first post.

NES, Famicom, FDS...

N64...

PCE...

GC...

PSP...

PS1...

Saturn...

And some more (some of which I think modded?) consoles...

PHEW. Yeah. That's not even all - there's still more hardware (a Wii, WiiU, Megadrive, OSSC...) and many bags full of cables, power supplies, controllers, mooks and the like. I am well aware that this is a very fortunate find from someone whose tastes clearly align with my own. A month on and I'm still buzzing!

Oh, and these are unrelated to the job lot but they have just arrived too

[/QUOTE]

Errrr that’s crazy!! Wanna buy my collection!!
    Last edited by chojin; 04-12-2023, 23:00.

Comment

On a side quest for JPN Winning Eleven complete (PSONE only), latest installment is the OG 32bit, known as Goalstorm in the UK. Pal version is worth a few quid so out with that and in with the J-league version for £7 shipped. Some superb classic players like Stojkovic and Leonardo and a touch of class you can scroll through the team rosters to Japanese lounge music with photos for every player.

Comment

First one for me in an absolute age, but it's a little belter. Has to be one of the most fun multiplayer games on the system!

Comment

Originally posted by egparadigm View Post

If you think you can get a really good pic and it’s not too much trouble, that would be very kind. Have you compared it to original SMS cover art, I imagine any difference would be apparent from the lines/grid or perhaps typefaces? I’m quite particular about these things, call it a “photographer’s eye”.

​
          This is all very good quality. The cover is reversible too. The manual is probably better quality than they were BITD. Anything out of focus there is me trying to take close up shots with a phone.

Comment

Thanks for that CMcK! 👍🏻👍🏻

Comment

The guy that makes those MS carts has sent me details of a couple of wee mods to the PCB that should let these carts work on the MegaSG. I’ll report back once I’ve tried it.

Comment

Latest retro arrival -

Great quality work and a fun game.

Comment

Not often you can say this these days, but this was a reasonably priced eBay win at auction and in pretty tidy condition. I didn't think such things happened any more on there!

Comment

Is this retro?

Comment

Can you make and drink a cup of tea in the time it takes to load a game?

Comment

Cheers to chojin for the nice package deal on these two wee beauties. The funny thing is, I met up with Russ in person probably the best part of a decade ago to sell him this actual SFC console. I'll always love this Japanese MD set as it takes me back to the day I bought one on import back in the day in a wee Edinburgh import shop, and proudly carried it all the way home very pleased with myself.

I have no intention of buying/collecting games for either. I just wanted the hardware for a wee man cave set up I'm working on. Though I probably will seek out an everdrive for each of them.

Comment

"I have no intention of buying/collecting games for either".

OK m8 look forward to that

Comment

Nah, the only one you’d have to reel me in from is if I bought another AES. As much as I love the MD and SFC, they don’t mean as much to me as the PC-Engine and Neo.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                              Can you make and drink a cup of tea in the time it takes to load a game?
                              There’s a Raspberry Pi built in which allows you to load tape images in authentic Speccy fashion. Could definitely prepare and drink a matcha in that time!

Comment

Aside from being time capsules, both of those boxes are still excellent to look at to this day. Top marks.

My last selection of retro bits for the year, I reckon:

R-Type was the last one to arrive, and I just chucked it on briefly to see what it's like. Been a while since I played the SFC version, and while it looks alright, it sounds bloody dreadful

Comment

Working...
                                X