Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    Yeah they are, and arguably most importantly they also play Evercade carts too. I have not done much with any of my Evercade kit (though our own [MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION] did some good work breaking down the pros / cons) but this is now an even cheaper entry point into that ecosystem.

Superb work - that does look in very tidy condition. I know you're versed with AC PoMu already, but whenever I see things I remember that initial shock of going from a mini controller to a fullsize, which is so very different compared to that same jump with IIDX controllers!
    Despite the issue i had with the Evercade exp ive heard really good things about the Hyper mega tech, I'm picking up the Taito one first as it has Bubble bobble and bust a move which are fave's of mine, I have a few evercade carts too so it would be silly not to get one when the price is that good.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 20-11-2023, 15:03.

Comment

Largely cheapo stuff, there's been a bit of a drought, but here's me droning on about mostly dirt cheap junk anyway.

Transport Tycoon (PS1): I really love this series, primarily a PC game and realistically that's the best place to play it. One of my top ten games easy (specifically the Deluxe version for DOS). But the PS1 version is really weird, it has a full 3D mode and I always fancied it just out of curiosity from when I used to look at it in "Whizz Kids". Had it offered to me by a mate and thought go on then, not a dirt cheap one. Think I paid £20 or so, can't remember. I'll put it next to my even more obscure Saturn port.
      J.B. Harold - Blue Chicago Blues (SS): Oh no, there's been a moid-uh! Basically a visual novel murder mystery type thing where you grill people and solve a big case. This has recently received an English fan translation based on the obscure/difficult to run PC port and in these cases I like to get the Japanese game (since they're always dirt cheap) so I can sort of feel like I own it, even though I'm not playing those exact discs. Where I was I on the night of the murder, I was buying a Japanese Saturn game for 6 quid.
      Robot Warlords (PS2): Midas were one of my favourite PAL publishers from the PS2 days. They just went at it, localizing pretty much anything they could get their hands on - often giving it a stupid name, but the actual content was usually fine. Some games were good, some were really lousy. This is a turn-based mech strategy game known in Japan as Velvet File. And it goes for 50p in Cex. 50p! Which is why it took me years to find a nice condition copy.
      Chaos Legion (PS2): I saw the Capcom logo in the corner and thought "oh". Looks alright but nothing spectacular, action platformer type thing with a hint of Devil May Cry. I think it was £3.50 or so, sounds like it was worth a look at least. Reviews seem to think it was a mixed bag and I do like a mixed bag.
      Detonator (PS2): What was I telling you about Midas? This is a puzzle game known as Buile Baku where you place specific block patterns over a grid to "fill" it, with the rough idea that you're a demolition expert destroying a tower block. Then it shows you the tower block being detonated and crumbling to dust. It has the weirdest aura, with an ambient and somewhat melancholy soundtrack. When the building is finally destroyed, it shows the detonation and pulls back over the grey cityscape whilst playing faintly depressing music. It feels like a game you might play in a weird dream.
      Nights - Journey of Dreams (Wii): The worst thing about buying Wii games is trying to find them in non-shocking condition and this was no exception. I bet I've looked at 30, 40 copies of it - torn up, filthy, stinking copies. I'm curious as to what this is actually like, I remember it receiving a really odd reception. The original Nights is a game that I quite admire, find interesting, think it plays well enough, but don't necessarily love. Let's have a look at this.
      Everybody's Golf World Tour (PS3): It's the old Minna No Golf again, wasn't this a PS3 launch title? Can't be far off. I didn't have a PS3 back then, I waited for the Slim - so I missed out on a lot of the early library. I do like this series, it's always easy to pick up and play without being utterly simplified to the point of being dull.
      Gundam: Target In Sight (PS3): Very weirdly I found the Japanese version in a charity shop ages back and now I found the English release for next to nothing. This got really bad reviews here, but not so much in Japan. Who was right? Who was wrong? Oh, I just miss Chromehounds.

Comment

Nice pick-ups.

I have been playing JB Harold Blue Chicago Blues recently via the fan translation. It's quite an enjoyable game if a bit clunkily paced.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          Today ended up being quite a day.
          [...]
          Still to come: FC, FDS, NES, PCE, N64, PS1, Saturn, GC... and boy, a lot of hardware too.
          Don't worry, I didn't forget. Arrangements were made and I finally got all of this to my flat this weekend, which is now even more overloaded than it was previously. I... definitely have to shift some of this, particularly given for some systems in particular there's a reasonable amount of duplicates vs what I already have.

ANYWAY.

Turns out there was a lot more additional SFC stuff still even after what I brought back in the first post.

NES, Famicom, FDS...

N64...

PCE...

GC...

PSP...

PS1...

Saturn...

And some more (some of which I think modded?) consoles...

PHEW. Yeah. That's not even all - there's still more hardware (a Wii, WiiU, Megadrive, OSSC...) and many bags full of cables, power supplies, controllers, mooks and the like. I am well aware that this is a very fortunate find from someone whose tastes clearly align with my own. A month on and I'm still buzzing!

Oh, and these are unrelated to the job lot but they have just arrived too

Comment

Wow, that's an insane haul. Enjoy!

Comment

Jesus talk about motherload [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] how on earth are you gonna find time for all that? Come on confess you have a Doraemon watch for stopping time so you can squeeze years of gaming in. Surprised though as I thought you would have already had a gamecube/n64.

Comment

Few cheapies, yeah Macross is a repro, I'm not paying £80 for a loose cart!!

Not a lot of aim in going Irem complete on PCE the set is spoilt by some JRPG called Sol Moonarge, but still gotta get the good stuff.

Comment

Bloody hell, someone won the lottery

Comment

As I was scrolling up I knew it could only be one man [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION]

Piss poor that you didn't use the term "motherhood" multiple times in the text though! Any PCE doubles going give me a shout.

Comment

Jesus christ [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] that's ruddy mental and superb, Congrats!!

Difficult to take it all in had to revisit a few times
                      Last edited by Baseley09; 23-11-2023, 15:38.

Comment

Yummy yum yums!

Comment

Originally posted by egparadigm View Post

If you think you can get a really good pic and it’s not too much trouble, that would be very kind. Have you compared it to original SMS cover art, I imagine any difference would be apparent from the lines/grid or perhaps typefaces? I’m quite particular about these things, call it a “photographer’s eye”.
                          I haven’t forgotten about getting photos of the MS homebrew carts. I’ll be home on Tuesday so will get some then. Word of warning those carts need to played on a system that supports the Codemasters mappers so don’t work on the Analogue MegaSG for example.

Comment

So maybe I was wrong, my order is being prepared for shipping!

Comment

And maybe I should’ve posted the above in the Analogue thread like I meant to!

Comment

I’ve been rather busy. Hit the jackpot recently when travelling into deepest, darkest Wiltshire. Turned out one particular CeX had take several bag loads of games from an Original Xbox collector. Add to that and one or two relative rarities and I’m going to have to take a break for a few months until my bank balance recovers!

​

Comment

Working...
                                X