No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll hopefully get those consoles out the boxes come January once the shop calms down. Speaking of which, time to open.

Comment

This rolled in today after ordering late July. I haven't plugged it in yet and I probably won't have a reason to for a while... Even so, yay.

Comment

Nice one, speedlolita, didn’t realise this had come about!

Comment

This one dropped through the letterbox yesterday. So crisp and clean are the manual and disc it's hard to believe it's ever been played!

Comment

Birthday treat no.1, couldn't find this for cheap at all so did blow the doors off a bit from my usual scrooge antics. A computer games shop called Genesis games in the Trincorn centre pompey had the coin op in the early 90s, wanted a home version since.

Last edited by Baseley09; 18-12-2023, 17:59.

Comment

Don't worry man, even over here that game cost a fortune. Sometimes we just have to splash that cash.

Comment

That made me go check what I paid. Yup, not cheap!

Comment

I found the Switch re-release of all the Cotton games to be almost incomprehensible! Did that PC Engine release get a Switch port and if so, which one was it?

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                    I found the Switch re-release of all the Cotton games to be almost incomprehensible! Did that PC Engine release get a Switch port and if so, which one was it?
                    Yep it's called Cotton Reboot.

Comment

This arrived today in a spot of extraordinarily good timing since my Analogue Duo is due tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post

Yep it's called Cotton Reboot.
                        ​

It's not the PCE version though, it's the X68000 port. The game is basically the same, but all versions (X68k, PCE, PS1) have subtle and not-so-subtle differencies.
                        Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 19-12-2023, 18:07.

Comment

It never rains, 2nd bday splurge delivery from the Nippon, didn't combine shipping to avoid import duty and thats worked out thankfully, very nice nick too. Another NEC Avenue title blasted off the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                            It never rains, 2nd bday splurge delivery from the Nippon, didn't combine shipping to avoid import duty and thats worked out thankfully, very nice nick too. Another NEC Avenue title blasted off the list.

Welcome to the club. Got that one myself. Did yours come with a spine? Everyone I've ever seen for sale has no spine card.

Comment

The killer for me with this game is the jump sound effect, it grates on me something rotten. Good game otherwise though!

Comment

Heh yeah that jump boing can be annoying, no spine just a reg card, seeing a lot of PCE Works versions of this out there had to be careful, came in under a tonne off Yahoo JPN so no squibbles. What a game though really feels like the arcade they nailed this one, looks superb.

Comment

Working...
                                X