Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    Wrong thing. There's a difference between import duty (taxing based on what the item IS) and VAT which is levelled on everything regardless. Yes, the threshold for import duty has generally been £135. VAT is levelled on anything declared £18 and over (£36 if declared as a gift, unless that's been done away with). Phillv is railing against VAT so I'm assuming the declared amount here.
    My apologies, right you are. I guess I have been lucky because in instances that I haven't been required to pay tax up front (which I'm totally fine with) I haven't incurred any extra charges.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      Unless it's worth under 20 quid, surely you're bang to rights?
      They’ve charged me VAT on books which should be VAT free. I did everything I usually do with fedex providing the commodity codes etc. but they totally ballsed it up despite multiple hours on the phone before and after it clearing customs in the UK.

Comment

I’m hot on the heels of a somewhat gaming related holy grail I’ve been after for about seven years. I’ve even got a little black diary with drawings of it and everything.

Comment

Still waiting for the packing backlog to clear at my proxy, and have got another thing held up in UK customs for now, but took some bits off [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION] / [MENTION=17068]Cornalai[/MENTION] (hi!), which turned up today. Cheers!

Also not really sure how I missed a Capcom Dreamcast game before that's got Rob Halford on the soundtrack, but I have now addressed this. One of those weird instances where a copy was sat on eBay in better condition and at a lower price than those on Japanese auction sites, so it came on its own merry way.

Comment

Just the one arrival for me this week, PC Kid 2. And that would appear to be me in the clear for a while! No deals being worked out, nothing in my watch lists and nothing still to ship. Or at least that's the case as I type this.

Comment

After raising a complaint with DHL I get passed to a really good customer service representative who has resolved the issue. Hurrah!

First, the books that caused the massive headache to start with.

Some OK bits, but the real reason I bought the books is because they came with a fair sized pile of B2 posters from Arcadia/Gamest/Neo Geo Freak as well as some cool advertising materials. Some highlights below:

Finally this months games. I'm running out of space so quick I really need to slow down on the quantity of pick ups and really need to start getting rid of stuff I don't want to keep.

Comment

Lovely conditioned SFC games you have there.
                Been after that Gegega No Kitaro for a while myself.

Comment

It's a weird little game isn't it? I got that for a few thousand yen on Mercari which seemed cheap (for Mercari)!

Comment

Some lovely stuff there Phil, Real Bout 2 is the stand out though!

Had to go to YouTube to see what Go Go Ackman 2 was, looks a cool wee game.
                    Last edited by Colin; 04-09-2023, 20:43.

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                      It's a weird little game isn't it? I got that for a few thousand yen on Mercari which seemed cheap (for Mercari)!
                      That is cheap. Often that's a 8 to 12,000 yen game.

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                        They’ve charged me VAT on books which should be VAT free. I did everything I usually do with fedex providing the commodity codes etc. but they totally ballsed it up despite multiple hours on the phone before and after it clearing customs in the UK.
                        Presume the books don't have any paid for adverts in them etc? Yeah does sound wrong.
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                          I've been after this for a while, and finally this weekend i managed to secure it. A practically mint Super Neo 29, everything is in amazing condition, i'm doubting whether it's ever been used in an arcade. It's been in private hands for approx the last 15 years as far as i can work out. The only issue is the usual yellowing of the monitor surround which i'll sort out at some point with retrobrite.

My camera isn't great with low light, but the pics don't do it justice.

This post has the most amount of likes of any post on the forum. 16

Comment

As it should, it’s a thing of beauty.

Comment

My official Krizz PC Engine everdrive barely loads a game these days ( bad shelf life?!?l ) so took a punt on an aliexpress turbo 500 in 1 knock off, it was £15
                              .....we'll see when it arrives paha.

Comment

I've had cheapo ones in the past for the MD, SFC and PCE and they were all perfectly reliable.

Comment

Working...
                                X