No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delighted with this - been after the UK clamshell version specifically for the longest time, but most that get listed are from chancers with huge BIN values. This week though, like a good bus, two have gone up at the same time, one running an auction, and another with a much more modestly priced BIN. I wasn't going to take any chances, hence why I have this already, but will be watching to see where the auction ends up!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      This one wasn't as reasonable...
      You bought a 2nd MM cart, Speedy?

Comment

Originally posted by egparadigm View Post
        You bought a 2nd MM cart, Speedy?
        Yeah, first was the later non holo label version... Then I saw a holo label version and kept thinking about it. With my JP cart I have 3 copies of MM, I should really complete it.

Comment

By how many multiples does the hologram label make it more expensive?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            By how many multiples does the hologram label make it more expensive?
            Ironically the lenticular label is more common in the States and the non lenticular is seen as more desirable/expensive there.

Unfortunately this doesn't translate over here so the inverse was true. Thus I paid approx 1.7x more than the non lenticular. You know how buying games goes these days though, its pot luck if you get a reasonable deal.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Yeah, first was the later non holo label version... Then I saw a holo label version and kept thinking about it. With my JP cart I have 3 copies of MM, I should really complete it.
              Ah, now it makes sense!

Comment

I just thought the photo was out of focus when I first looked.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post

Delighted with this - been after the UK clamshell version specifically for the longest time, but most that get listed are from chancers with huge BIN values. This week though, like a good bus, two have gone up at the same time, one running an auction, and another with a much more modestly priced BIN. I wasn't going to take any chances, hence why I have this already, but will be watching to see where the auction ends up!
                  Great pick up.

Comment

its a nightmare for NGPC stuff on ebay very rarely dose stuff go on auction its all massively inflated buy it now's, stuff is expensive, but not as crazy as some people put it up as. I've been after Baseball stars for ages, when it dose go up for auction it tends to finish in the the £40-60 range not the £150 BIN that loads are listed at currently.
                    Last edited by Lebowski; 13-10-2023, 09:31.

Comment

Excellent, I've not posted anything for a couple of pages so I can feel less guilty.

One more cracker ticked off the ever shortening list this week though, I love a bit of Gradius II. Excellent condition the way I like them and was pleased to see it had the sticker sheet etc included.

Comment

Dread to think how many thousands you have spent [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] on regaining a pce collection. I swear if i see any of this appear in a sales thread i'm grabbing charles & a few others to pay you a visit for a thorough intervention

Keep it all this time & enjoy it.

Comment

I've used quite a lot of man maths to justify it, though on the whole I've managed to get pretty much everything at fair prices. Plus it's a bonus it was my wife who encouraged me to get in to it all again!

When I look back at when I sold my collection I did make quite a large amount of profit over what I paid for it, so in my head none of this is the end of the world. And let's face it, there's been ten years in between me owning any PCE kit, so the prices were never going to remain the same.

I do have some doubles of games and bits of hardware that need to be sold having said that, don't panic and assemble a lynch squad when you see them in the sales forum.

Comment

Would potentially be interested in some of your doubles as I’ve got a HuCard adapter for the Pocket on the way but no HuCards

Comment

[MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION] Will pop you a PM later.

Comment

[MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] Thank you - may have jumped the gun though as I'm a bit low on cash this month! Happy to feed from the trough (sales folder) when you get a chance to list stuff, no need to make a special effort for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X