Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proxy bundle came in!

Comment

Nice stuff @fuse, I'd be curious what that Op Wolf cost going through the Japan proxy route if you feel like sharing.

A delivery for me today and I know, I know, we're supposed to hate PCE Works, but my morals went out the window because I really liked the idea of having physical copy of Splatterhouse Chrome, the rock hard rom hack of the original which is markedly different from the official release on the system. (Much more gory for starters!)

Comment

Is that a relatively new one? I do try and generally filter out the PCE Works stuff, but I don't think I've even seen that before?

A total price after fees, shipping, customs on top after is a bit more complicated to work out as it was all bundled up, but I looked back and the listing I got it from was 6750 yen, to give you an idea!

Comment

Yeah, they’ve just released it mate. I don’t mind it in the collection as it’s not a reproduction of an actual retail release, and I have to say they’ve done a nice job of it packaging wise.

Cheers for the info on Op Wolf, I’ve been looking for it for a while now but wasn’t sure what the going rate was, that gives me a decent idea as @Baseley09 got one recently too.

EDIT TO ADD: And at least they're stamping everything up now to show it's not original, I feel like they didn't used to do that which was a big part of the issue.

Last edited by Colin; 12-09-2023, 20:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            Nice stuff @fuse, I'd be curious what that Op Wolf cost going through the Japan proxy route if you feel like sharing.

A delivery for me today and I know, I know, we're supposed to hate PCE Works, but my morals went out the window because I really liked the idea of having physical copy of Splatterhouse Chrome, the rock hard rom hack of the original which is markedly different from the official release on the system. (Much more gory for starters!)

Nothing wrong with that man. I have 3 PC Engine Works titles. Looks like someone bought a load in bulk then tried to flog them off at inflated prices on Yahoo Auctions last year. It didn't work though as the seller ended up doing them for 6000 to 7000 yen a pop. Could say no at that price.
            All the titles also have the PC Engine works logo on them.
            Last edited by Yakumo; 13-09-2023, 09:25.

Comment

Yeah mixed emotions, I'd be interested in picking up that Splatterhouse Chrome if I had any dough at the min! Realistically if I wanted to "complete" an arcade card set I'd need a Sapphire repro and I'm not entirely against that, and tbh the supergrafx box set they put out did look nice.
              Last edited by Baseley09; 13-09-2023, 12:21.

Comment

I was looking for this one for a while, and even got it at a reasonable price.

Comment

Got the following from CeX via their website, as it’s a bit pricy in the usual online places. Always been curious about this one, v2 of Double Agent. Only ever played the (completely different) v1 before, which was released on 360. To my surprise and mild delight, both versions are supported on Series X.

Comment

Couple more PCE arrivals for me this week. Nothing terribly exciting, but two games I enjoy and ticked off the list!

Comment

Todays arrival makes today a good day minor a broke one

Comment

What's the Crossfade LP? Don't think I've ever seen that before.

Comment

Rowland headphones , from the snk online shop.

Comment

[MENTION=3905]wheelaa[/MENTION] played an absolute blinder this week helping me tick off a pile of games from my wants list, all killer no filler!

Didn't have time to take photos of much this morning before heading in to open the shop, but did manage the four CD games that were in the bundle, the HuCards will just have to wait until later. There's quite a few.

I think anyone who is a fan of the system knows that it was absolutely starved of belt scrolling beat 'em ups, and this for me despite not being graphically great is probably my favourite of the small amount of games available. Double Dragon II was always a tricky one to find in this kind of condition even back in the day, so to get one this tidy is superb

Another title in the genre, Crest Of Wolf, AKA poor mans Bare Knuckle is one of those games I can't help but like even though it's low tier. Much like Burning Fight on the NEO, I still get a lot of fun out of it. To be fair there are very few belt scrollers I don't get a decent amount of entertainment out of!

On to the CD based shooters and the first one up is Cho Aniki, which I've just always loved because lets be honest, it's just a bit bonkers. Wheelaa also hooked me up a while back with Ai Cho Aniki, so it's good to have the pair now.

And the last CD game is Rayxanber II. Always found this one tough to be honest, Rayxanber III is much easier, but despite the challenging difficulty I've always enjoyed it as I know the deaths are almost always without fail my own stupidity.

If I manage to get a post done about the HuCards later it might take quite a while to write, as I said, there's a few.

I thought to myself after doing this deal that I must be somewhere near done with my "must have" list, but having a look at it that'll be a no. Still 12 essentials to pick up, and probably nearly 40 titles all in I'd still like to have again. Jeez-oh.

Comment

Skills, I'm a fan of crest of wolf it's deffo fun and the music is cool, but then again I actually love Burning Fight so maybe easily pleased. I can't get off the first stage on Rayxanber II I'm ashamed paha. Quality on those with the spines too, amazing.

Won something decent last night and should have a few more to show off soon

Comment

Guess who else has been speaking to [MENTION=3905]wheelaa[/MENTION] this week

Comment

Working...
                                X