Dreamcast celebration!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
    if Sega remade the hardware as a handheld with a 7" IPS screen and released the library via digital downloads they could become a serious contender in the gaming market again
    Just like the Neo•Geo X.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Has anyone tried Ghost Blade? Any good?
      It's good but does suffer from slowdown.

Comment

I got a long way through it, but then came back to it a few months later and was totally lost and couldn't figure out where to go or where I had got to.... Never finished it.
        I had exactly the same problem. I really enjoyed it at the time but then gave up when I got so lost.

Comment

Thanks for that. Makes me feel a lot better. I presumed I was the only person who could get lost permanently in a game that everyone raves about.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            Just like the Neo•Geo X.
            Saved me saying it. Don't see your idea happening in a million years I'm afraid ReplicaShooter, but you could always get one of the more powerful android handhelds that can emulate DC well in order to get the same experience.

Comment

Living in dreamland. No way a portable version of any Sega console will make them a major contender again.

Shutokou Battle will always have a special place in my heart on DC. So impressive visually and my late friend gave me a free copy when I was in hospital.

Comment

These stories about importing the Japanese console remind me of when CeX were selling them for a small fortune and my friend and I saw a guy spending thousands on one. To this day I wonder why someone would waste so much money by being impatient.

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                I went to the midnight launch on Oxford Street for my PAL unit, think it was HMV. One of the best systems I ever owned, and probably the longest I ever held on to a console I bought.
                Hmm! I bought mine from HMV Oxford Circus on launch day- just me and two other guys in the queue. When I was pre-ordering the console one of the people behind the till told me I'd get a voucher for a free game on launch day, so I was quite excited about getting Sonic Adventure. Once I'd actually bought it, I was given a book filled with vouchers for piecemeal discounts instead- ?2 off here and there. To say I was annoyed would be an understatement- I had to wait another month until I got paid, so I could buy a game to play on the bloody thing. Now that I've worked for HMV for years, I can see that it was just another underhand selling tactic from an unscrupulous member of staff looking to secure my deposit.

I seem to remember the VMUs being released ahead of the console launch as well. I bought one from Tempo a couple of weeks beforehand.

Comment

Hey you can't blame me for being the optimistic sort. Heck I'd even buy a couple of consoles to help out

That is the main reason why I want a decently powerful handheld to come along and emulate the DC. The vita could do it with ease of it were cracked plus it's got all the buttons where they need to be already.

One can dream...

Comment

Trouble is, people like us love the Dreamcast but nobody else does. That's too much R&D and upfront spend on an item that would struggle to sell 300k (worldwide).

Comment

Maybe I should see if I can license the tech from sega and get myself some crowd funding.

I do think there is a potential market for this as it would be a true gamers handheld. Admittedly there aren't many true gamers left in this world but I'm sure all 8 of us would appreciate the effort, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                        Maybe I should see if I can license the tech from sega and get myself some crowd funding.

I do think there is a potential market for this as it would be a true gamers handheld. Admittedly there aren't many true gamers left in this world but I'm sure all 8 of us would appreciate the effort, eh?
                        True gamers would play a real Dreamcast.

Comment

On a CRT. On a trolley.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                            These stories about importing the Japanese console remind me of when CeX were selling them for a small fortune and my friend and I saw a guy spending thousands on one. To this day I wonder why someone would waste so much money by being impatient
                            CEX launch price was ?699, which soon fell to ?400 after Christmas.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Mine was ?500! You paid a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                True gamers would play a real Dreamcast.
                                On a CRT. On a trolley.
                                Valid points but I'm trying to make this appeal to those raised on the current gen, hence the portable with a smaller screen as at that resolution the images would seem spankingly fresh.

Plus as much as I like playing on real hardware that jet turbine fan and noisy ass drive really erode the retro charm. Or maybe they are part of the retro charm?

Comment

Working...
                                X