No announcement yet.

Games Of Christmas Past...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safari Hunt with the whole family on the Master System is my fondest Xmas memory. I got the Master System for Christmas and it was a game everyone could play.

Other good games were;

Virtua Racing (MD)
    Gunstar Heroes (MD)
    Super Mario Kart (snes)
    Shenmue (DC)
    Mario 64 (N64)
    Goldeneye (N64)

Comment

Shenmue and Dreamcast Quake 3 Arena, as well as Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Comment

getting my SNES along with mario 4 and SF 2 turbo! i didn't leave my bedroom all day - i remember rushing my xmas dinner so i could get back to it - hehe

Comment

Back in the day it has to be Links Awakening on the Gameboy, and in recent years Shenmue.

Ahh the fond memories of opening my presents at christmas to find Zelda and then spending hours for the next few days immersed in my gameboy.

Comment

Last Christmas I spent most of the time playing my Japanese copy of Zelda: Wind Waker in my bedroom, spending hours on end on the game and calling me mate who was playing the game at the same time so we could both try to fathom out what the heck was going on! Lol!

But all those eons ago I was really chuffed when I got SMB3 for Christmas one year for my trusty ol' NES - I spent ages on playing it and still have it, all minty to this day!

Comment

Super mario bro' s / Duck hunt (nes)
              Sensi world of soccer (amiga 500)
              Metal Gear Solid (psone)
              Shenmue(Dc)
              Jet Set radio (Dc)

Cool topic by the way!

Comment

The games that remind me of Christmas have got to be Sega Rally on the Saturn and Phantasy Star On-Line for Dreamcast. I remember playing those games almost all Christmas day.

Yakumo

Comment

The games that remind me of Christmas have got to be Sega Rally on the Saturn and Phantasy Star On-Line for Dreamcast. I remember playing those games almost all Christmas day.

Yakumo

Comment

Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition on the Mega Drive

I remember it well because I asked for Super Street Fighter 2 and the geezer in the shop convinced my parents that this was a better buy, the wanker was just trying to get rid of some old stock!!

Needless to say, I wasn't disapointed when I fired it up, I don't think I've ever played any game more than I played this in my life and I doubt I ever will

Besides that, there was Mario 64 in later years, Tekken 2 on the PS1 and Marvel vs Capcom on the DC

Comment

Whip Rush on the Megadrive.

I ordered a Jap console from an advert in Mean Machines. It was supposed to come with a copy of E-Swat but instead came bundled with Whip Rush, an obscure jap horizontal shooter which scored a massive 39% (I think) in a review.

This turns out to be one of my favourite shooters, in my opinion trumping even Thunderforce III. Level design was excellent, power ups well judged, no idea why it scored so low

Comment

Originally posted by rjpageuk
                        FF3/6j probably reminds me of christmas more than any other game - I remember spending most of Christmas day playing this!
                        I would have spent all Christmas 1994 playing it too, if I'd had a Universal Adapter ready that allowed saves on that game! Bah! Had to play my borthers EA Rugby game instead

Comment

I'm currently playing Ocarina of Time again. Somehow, its a Christmas Tradition for me to play it through at this time of year ever since I got it in 1998.

Comment

Timesplitters on PS-2, played this the xmas the PAL PS-2 came out always reminds me of xmas day now.

It was the same year when I went to Brussels in a big van and cleaned out nearly every game store that had PS-2's brought them back to the UK and sold them at ?500quid a pop, fools and their money eh?

Regards,
                            Neil.

Comment

OOT was my major one,

I remember me and my bro opening it on xmas day, it was wonderful, this game always reminds of days gone by...

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Boogaloo
                                Ocarina of Time

Pilotwings (snes)

Super Mario Kart

Man, it doesn't get better :P
                                We're on the same wavelength Electric Boogaloo.

I also remember playing Batman (by Ocean) on the Amiga. I think this was xmas 1989 or something. There was a level where you had to use the bathook to swing the batmobile corners with a satisfying "ker-chung!!" sound.

Comment

Working...
                                X