Games Of Christmas Past...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M?bius_One
    I also remember playing Batman (by Ocean) on the Amiga. I think this was xmas 1989 or something. There was a level where you had to use the bathook to swing the batmobile corners with a satisfying "ker-chung!!" sound.
    Hell yes, what an excellent game it was on the Amiga, it looked totally amazing to at that time, .... "who are you? ..... I'm batman" ....
    the racing with the batmobile and flying with the batwing (cutting the balloons) looked really stunning back then.

Comment

Originally posted by TheForce
      Originally posted by M?bius_One
      I also remember playing Batman (by Ocean) on the Amiga. I think this was xmas 1989 or something. There was a level where you had to use the bathook to swing the batmobile corners with a satisfying "ker-chung!!" sound.
      Hell yes, what an excellent game it was on the Amiga, it looked totally amazing to at that time, .... "who are you? ..... I'm batman" ....
      the racing with the batmobile and flying with the batwing (cutting the balloons) looked really stunning back then.
      I remember that one. I could never get the damn car around the corner, without a) missing the turn entirely, or b) swinging into the wall.
      I also seem to remeber a Batman game before that, on the C64.
      It was a side scroller, and you had to throw the "Batarang" at a load of toys [penguins, cars, soldiers etc..]
      It had the penguin and the Joker in it, and was pretty tough if I remember correctly. Anyone else heard of it, or am I just imagining the whole thing?!

Comment

Christmas 83 and spending all day playing Horace goes Skiing and Jetpac on my rubber key speccy that my brother and i got from Santa.

Pure gaming heaven, apart from the Horace goes skiing bit.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie2k
          I remember that one. I could never get the damn car around the corner, without a) missing the turn entirely, or b) swinging into the wall.
          I also seem to remeber a Batman game before that, on the C64.
          It was a side scroller, and you had to throw the "Batarang" at a load of toys [penguins, cars, soldiers etc..]
          It had the penguin and the Joker in it, and was pretty tough if I remember correctly. Anyone else heard of it, or am I just imagining the whole thing?!
          Yep, I know that game, it was based on the "old" batman series, I've played it but I've never really got into it.
          Batman:the movie on C64 and Amiga were excellent,

Comment

so its nearly xmas again so bump for this thread
            games that remind me of xmas are Cool Boarders 3 on psx caus i had a psx for xmas and that was bundled with it along with WWF warzone, Tekken 3, and Spyro

Comment

Well this Christmas I've bought myself MKDS (I like to buy mysef a little something each year) and my girlfriend has AC:WW on pre-order for me, so it looks like being a memorable christmas this year

I will always remember back in the early 90's when my parents got me a brand new, fancy-pants, new-fangled NES with that Turtles game. I LOVED that game and I remember playing it in my utility room back home, sitting on a dining room chair until I could get through that Water/Electric level without dying

Good times I'm kinda sad that those times are gone to be honest, gaming as a kid is just the greatest.

Comment

ZELDA is the one that springs to mind.

Spent Christmas '98 with Ocarina of Time, and again in '02 with JP Wind Waker + URA Zelda.

All Zelda games should be released at Christmas. They're the perfect games to sit and play during the winter months when it's freezing outside, so a big **** You! to Nintendo for delaying Twilight Princess untill next year...

Comment

Wonderfull topic

The games that feel the most like Christmas are Sonic the hedgehog on the Mega Drive, Tomb Raider 2, Final Fantasy VII, Jet Set Radio, Die Hard Trilogy and a few others. These were brought for me when I was younger for christmas so I have fond memories of the time and the game

Although they have nostalgic memories for me I absloutly love playing Animal Crossing, Jet Set Radio and Shenmue around Christmas time. They're wonderfull games, granted, but they have a christmas theme and love them for it!

I've gone all tingley now! I love christmas!

Comment

jet set radio and mario allstars i have to mention because just as was said before those games were brought for me during previous christmas's when i was a kid. Shenmue is another great game for this time of year, play it during chrimbo time in the game. Walking through the streets of dobuita with all the snow, the decorations, santa impersonator walking around town advertising a burger stand, and jingle bells in the background, nothing beats it. This time of year is also the time christmas nights gets a good playing also, good memories of that game when it came free with sega saturn magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by: the buddahman
                      Good times I'm kinda sad that those times are gone to be honest, gaming as a kid is just the greatest.
                      Yeah, I've so many happy memories of being a kid (at Christmas time) and getting all excited about the fact that the "Arcade Hit/Coin-Op Smash" was "Coming Home".

If this sounds cynical, it isn't meant to.

The hype from the magazines of the day made me need some of those games/conversions. I'll never get that naive brand of enthusiasm back and that makes me sad. It's like losing your virginity; once it's gone it's gone. All I can do now is loiter around forums such as this and be all jaded and twatty.

As a sidenote, I'd dearly love to go back to school (not as a balding 30 year-old, you understand). The people who said they are the best days of your life probably had a point.

Comment

Yeah, I remember Xmas '98 with a US copy of Zelda OoT. Sat in my flat all by myself, armed with a big bag of green, several Stellas and my new game. And that was my sad lonely Xmas '98. Zelda was quality though.

Also, Super Mario World brings back great Xmas memories. During the run upto Xmas when I was 11, I told my Dad I wanted one of these new Super Famicom thingies. And Xmas morning there was a SFami, Super Mario World and F-Zero. Spent the whole of Xmas Day playing it, till about 2am.

This year we'll be playing Xmas Nights, and many spangly new Megadrive and Mega CD games.

Comment

The ones that stick most for me were getting R-Type and Operation Wolf for Xmas one year, and switching between them all day (ok, i might have played R-Type a BIT more ).

More recently, the original Tomb Raider.

Comment

Originally posted by Il Postino
                            Yeah, I've so many happy memories of being a kid (at Christmas time) and getting all excited about the fact that the "Arcade Hit/Coin-Op Smash" was "Coming Home".

...The people who said they are the best days of your life probably had a point.
                            You are absloutly correct. Well in gaming terms.

You had less money, more time to play, played more multiplayer and the arcade was the holy grail of the gaming scene. The mid to late 90's as a kid were the best!

Oh and playing Metal Gear Solid during December or January is just so atmospheric! Oh and Sonic Adventure is great at christmas as well!

I love this topic!

Comment

And GoldenEye at Severnaya! Brr!

Comment

A UK SNES with Mario World, Pilotwings, SF2, Top Gear and Zelda as a shared Christmas present back in 92 has to be my fave memory.

Resident Evil with a new PS1 on boxing day 96 and the DC in December 2000 (but I bought that myself so it doesn't really count as a nostalgic xmas present) with Shenmue are the runners up

Originally posted by m0nk3y

This year we'll be playing Xmas Nights, and many spangly new Megadrive and Mega CD games.
                                I've meant to do that the last couple of years but always forget to set the Saturn up until it's too late and the holidays are over ft:

Comment

Working...
                                X