Games Of Christmas Past...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by corgi74
    I always remember the excitement of getting the Boots catalogue to see the cases for the xmas games.
    Oh my goodness, so I'm not the only one!

Those were the days.

Comment

This Christmas I will be revisiting Silent Hill! Can't wait to be honest, the movie has made me want to play it all over again.
      Plus it snows at the beginning, so that's quite festive.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools
        Wonderfull topic

The games that feel the most like Christmas are Sonic the hedgehog on the Mega Drive, Tomb Raider 2, Final Fantasy VII, Jet Set Radio, Die Hard Trilogy and a few others. These were brought for me when I was younger for christmas so I have fond memories of the time and the game

Although they have nostalgic memories for me I absloutly love playing Animal Crossing, Jet Set Radio and Shenmue around Christmas time. They're wonderfull games, granted, but they have a christmas theme and love them for it!

I've gone all tingley now! I love christmas!
        It's been a year already? Blimey.

I've just been playing Shenmue and my Dreamcast stuff this past week. Can't think I can add any more then what I already wrote except Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

Not only a brillant game but I've received a POP game very christmas for three years.

Comment

This was the very first Christmas 'video' game I ever got:

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Grandstand/Invader.htm

The next year (I think) it was this:

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Grandstand/Astro.htm

I played them to death.

Very fond memories. Many moons ago.

Comment

I have to agree on the mario3 too. I remember mean machines mag with a hologram on it of mario3 box art.

Comment

Ace thread. Christmas games for me in no particular order in my gaming life.

Shenmue
              Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts
              Fable
              Animal Crossing
              Zelda link to the past
              Final Fantasy 7

Comment

The big one for me will always be the Christmas I got my SNES.

Peace and love and goodwill to all men? Sod that, I'm locking myself in my room and playing Streetfighter 2.

Comment

This year, I'll be playing either Shenmue for some nostalgia or Twighlight Princess for some new Christmas-time memories

Comment

Xmas nights on the sega saturn.

Wasn't much different from the original game but just being able to walk/fly around a seasonal location......ahhh makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Comment

Time for a bump I reckon. Is Resident Evil 4 Retro yet? That's what I'm going to be digging out.

Actually scratch that, I'm going to get my Zelda on.

Comment

Zelda? Let's do it!

Comment

i always play a game over xmas (kind of a tradition)...this year ive got a copy of batman: arkam asylum lined up : )

previous xmas games inc. mario galaxy, zelda TP, chrono trigger, mario world, SF turbo

Comment

Best Chistmas ever was a NES on release from Boots with a Super Mario Bros. I was a young young boy and I'd never been so happy.

Many great gaming Christmas from computers to consoles to games..but the SMB on the NES has never been beaten and I doubt it will now - age an all...

This year, I have saved New Super Mario Bros Wii, it hasn't even entered the console, I'm hoping it will be special..it looks pretty damn good.

Comment

As I probably mentioned earlier in this thread; Shenmue (when the Jp import landed, Christmas '99) is my fave Christmas game ever. When it snows for the first time Aw heck, I want another Dreamcast now.

This year I'm planning to play Uncharted 2. I did get it for my birthday over a month ago but it's still in its seal thanks to Demon's Souls never leaving my PS3 since I got it.

Comment

Originally posted by te4m-Dnine View Post
                                I remember mean machines mag with a hologram on it of mario3 box art.
                                I actually remember buying that issue; it was so big that when I first picked it up I thought I had grabbed two mags by mistake.

Oddly enough I can't recall any games that I associate with Christmas. I remember picking up NHL '93 on the SNES when in the States over Christmas '92, so I guess that's the closest I've got to a 'Christmas game'. Plus it's got ice in it...

Comment

Working...
                                X