Neo Geo Classic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

I have one of those - and while I like it, I wouldn't want to play Neo Geo games on such a tiny screen.

At least all this talk of 'tabletops' has made me feel like getting all my machines out of storage.
    You weren't far off with that one.

Comment

I only skipped through the video. Is there a point it shows a size reference? Having a hard time gauging the size.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        I only skipped through the video. Is there a point it shows a size reference? Having a hard time gauging the size.
        The only reference is to a 3.5 inch screen

Comment

That sounds pretty tiny... but I'm not great unless I see something next to something else I know. They should show a pic beside Andre the Giant for reference.

Comment

That's what she said.

3 1/2" screen.

Here it is in comparison to a SNES:

Comment

That sounds pretty tiny... but I'm not great unless I see something next to something else I know. They should show a pic beside Andre the Giant for reference.
              It looks like this is a genuine picture, now, which might help you gauge size:

Comment

I think it's great personally. The joystick looks like it's been designed around that fact that the unit is so small. It looks of good old school SNK expensive quality to me. USB-C too. Once the novelty wears off, the external controllers take precedence and it gets hacked to buggery, it'll be decent I think. Not that I can't play all of these games on my PS4 with a full-sized HORI stick of course, but that isn't what it's about right?
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Thanks QC! Not sure about the size. Too big and it just wouldn't be handy or affordable but it looks fiddly at that size. I'm not convinced a mini arcade format is the best way to go. But I'll still be keeping an eye on this.

Comment

I'll have to have one of those ... it just manages to push all the right nostalgia buttons, even if it's at the expense of practicality I always had a soft spot for the CD controller too.

So, I wonder if a pre-order frenzy is on the cards ...

Comment

Looking forward to taking this out on the Bakerloo line, during rush hour.

Comment

Gotta get one of these. That being said, if it has HDMI-out, it's a bit of a shame there's only one control pad port. It means someone always has to hold the arcade unit for 2-player.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          Gotta get one of these. That being said, if it has HDMI-out, it's a bit of a shame there's only one control pad port. It means someone always has to hold the arcade unit for 2-player.
                          There are two ports.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Funny how everyone is suddenly flocking to this now. What made the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              Funny how everyone is suddenly flocking to this now. What made the deal?
                              It looks like you can actually play it now.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Not really interested in the machine, but i want one of those white CD pads

Comment

Working...
                                X