No announcement yet.

It should have been ported.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daytona USA 2, Prop Cycle, Dirt Dash, Top Skater, The Ocean Hunter, Sonic The Fighters, Spikeout and Planet Harriers are ones that immediately come to mind. They would have need to be fleshed out alot if they had been ported as in more courses/areas/modes but it would have been great just to have them on home console. Also Wave Runner is another that comes to mind.
    Last edited by Sam The Man; 08-08-2018, 19:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
      Another case of a company probably not wanting to pay more for the home rights.
      Or it could be a case of Acclaim have exclusives rights to the console and PC games for Alien 3.

Yeah, this was mentioned earlier, that the MD should have had an R-Type game.
      Could never work it out myself, other than Irem loved Nintendo at that time.

The people running Sega need to put more effort into digital marketplaces.
      Agreed, I also wonder why MS never looked to SEGA when it was bringing out its Arcade for the 360. Just having a collection of Model 2 and 3 SEGA games would be worth it, never mind if SEGA looked to port more.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
        Or it could be a case of Acclaim have exclusives rights to the console and PC games for Alien 3.
        Oh yeah, Acclaim had the rights. Such a shame, because Alien 3 the arcade game is great.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
        Agreed, I also wonder why MS never looked to SEGA when it was bringing out its Arcade for the 360. Just having a collection of Model 2 and 3 SEGA games would be worth it, never mind if SEGA looked to port more.
        Maybe the SEGA AGES compilation for the PS2 sold poorly, so Sega were put off bothering with making a compilation of its 3D arcade games for the 360 & PS3. I would have been happy to pay £10 for a port of Scud Race to the 360, so Sega have been negative in that respect.

Originally posted by Sam The Man View Post
        Daytona USA 2, Prop Cycle, Dirt Dash, Top Skater, The Ocean Hunter, Sonic The Fighters, Spikeout and Planet Harriers are ones that immediately come to mind. They would have need to be fleshed out alot if they had been ported as in more courses/areas/modes but it would have been great just to have them on home console. Also Wave Runner is another that comes to mind.
        I'd have been happy with simply ports to the Dreamcast, or other consoles of the time. The best thing Sega and Namco could have done is make compilations of their 90s 3D games for the 360 & PS3.
        Last edited by Leon Retro; 10-08-2018, 07:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam The Man View Post
          Sonic the Fighters has been on XBLA for years. It's also pretty terrible. No amount of fleshing out could save it.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            Sonic the Fighters has been on XBLA for years. It's also pretty terrible. No amount of fleshing out could save it.
            I dont think it's terrible but it's not great either. And i was thinking of a Saturn port like VF2. Saturn owners would of lapped it up.

Comment

I don’t think Top Skater or Prop Cycle would have translated well to the home. The main attraction of both games is the daft control mechanism, there is/was better skating games like Tony Hawk. And Prop Cycle without the actual cycle is just a Pilotwings-esque mini game...

Comment

I agree but i still would like to have seen them get ported.

Comment

Anything where they supposedly finished the port but didn't release it like that SNES port of Killer Instinct 2

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    Anything where they supposedly finished the port but didn't release it like that SNES port of Killer Instinct 2
                    I think lots of people would have bought it, despite being very late in the life of the SNES.

Comment

Biomechanical Toy - Terrific game!

Comment

On another Capcom tip, I'm surprised that Warzard/Red Earth didn't get a Saturn or DC or PS2 back in the day. It's pretty much the only CPS-III game that hasn't been ported to home consoles unless I'm mistaken?

I'm just as surprised that it hasn't turned up on XBLA and/or PSN at this point.
                        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 10-08-2018, 20:58.

Comment

If only Sega's Hot Rod had been ported to the PCE. Amazing 4 player arcade with some top tunes to boot.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
                          Last edited by 60-hz; 10-08-2018, 23:31.

Comment

Also I still to this day can't work out why Atari's FireFox wasn't ported. Loved that Laser Disc game back in the day

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                              On another Capcom tip, I'm surprised that Warzard/Red Earth didn't get a Saturn or DC or PS2 back in the day. It's pretty much the only CPS-III game that hasn't been ported to home consoles unless I'm mistaken?

I'm just as surprised that it hasn't turned up on XBLA and/or PSN at this point.
                              I was playing it the other day - and it really is something special. The graphics, music, and game design are all top notch. It's a really nice entry in the genre.

It definitely should have been ported to maybe the Saturn, but definitely the Dreamcast. I think it would have sold pretty well.

Comment

lol. CPS-III stuff on the Saturn.

I had the PCB of Warzard. Thought it was a bit crap, personally. I lost it when my mate's weed growing house got raided by a bunch of Pakistanis. It wasn't missed. It's one of those where I even skip the ROM when building a new emulation folder.
                                Last edited by dataDave; 11-08-2018, 08:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X