Analogue Pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine's arrived now too.

Haven't really done much with it yet other than a quick stab at Rhythm Tengoku, which is normally sat in my GB Micro near-permanently and made for a great test. The screen is definitely the most immediately impressive thing, it's very vivid! Feels great in the hands, and if anything I'm overly cautious that my filthy human flesh is going to damage it. I have not yet found the courage to try and fit the screen protector.

Some quick notes / warnings for anyone else looking to hit the ground running: the system upgrades via MicroSD, whereas the dock needs a USB thumb drive. Both system and dock connect to power via USB-C, and although cables are provided with both, only the dock comes with a USB-C to mains adaptor, which is 2-pin only.

Comment

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu

J/k. Looks awesome

That 615ppi screen must be bloody great in the flesh.

Comment

That photo of the screen looks stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          That photo of the screen looks stunning.
          QFT.

And props to [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] for the fine choice of game to break it in with. GBA Rhythm Tengoku is a stone-cold classic!

Comment

My delivery got delayed until tomorrow

People already tinkering.

Comment

Shipping day 4 has passed and still nothing.

Comment

Shipping day 4 has passed and still nothing.
                That's bollocks. Surely you've emailed them to ask?

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                My delivery got delayed until tomorrow

People already tinkering.
                I hope that matte surface can hold up to finger and hand oils stronger than what nearly every photo I've seen suggests. They all look years old already.
                Last edited by dataDave; 17-12-2021, 08:47.

Comment

The delivery window is the 14th to the 30th so I will probably get a dispatch email after Christmas with my luck.

Comment

Ah, that's really annoying Speedo sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed you get a dispatch note soon.

Great to see a ROM is already up and running. Once the full Analogue OS software launches with the, what was it, the 'scholarly library' functionality etc, and that's merged with ROM support, it will be even better.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                      Mine's arrived now too.

Absolutely stunning. What a cracking piece of kit that looks.

Comment

Mine arrived this morning and I thought I'd avoided import tax, but just got an email about it. Nevermind, can't wait to dig in later tonight

Comment

So they delivered before asking for payment? I'd be in no hurry to pay that.

Comment

So they delivered before asking for payment? I'd be in no hurry to pay that.
                            Yep, surprised me as well. Waiting till after Xmas payday at least.

Comment

I didn't get to play on it too much this evening thanks to some booster jab side effects and my gf robbing it to play Dragon Warrior Monsters but I've started messing with it a bit now and it really does look gorgeous.

My old Ez-Flash IV was having issues with it though. Some games like Super Robot Wars J and Demi Kids work fine while Final Fantasy V, VI and Pokemon Fire Red give a white screen. Not sure why it's only some of them that work instead of all or nothing but as flashcarts go its pretty jank, if not cheap and useful.
                              Last edited by Cepp; 18-12-2021, 00:54.

Comment

I read there is new firmware for the ez flash that fixes things

Comment

Working...
                                X