No announcement yet.

Analogue Pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah thats the thing. Hopefully they sort it out without any fuss.

Comment

Paid my £57 import duties last night and my Pocket is now out for delivery. Can’t wait. Might slacken those screws a wee bit just in case.

Comment

That is a bummer Speedy hope that doesn't happen to mine.

Comment

Yeah, it's frustrating. Doesn't seem as if it is a widespread thing, I guess I just got unlucky. It probably won't get worse at least.

This aside I've always thought their choice of materials isn't great for the Pocket, it just seems too soft for something that is to be treated as a handheld.

Comment

So I received my Pocket yesterday. It’s a lovely bit of kit. Very much Apple style packaging. That screen is tremendous. Ok it’s not an OLED but the pixel density is silly. You really wouldn’t expect to be able to play tate stuff designed for a larger screen on it but it’s surprisingly playable.
            Makes my McWill modded GG suddenly look a bit old. Can’t get over the sheer clarity and colour reproduction of the GBA games I’ve tried.

I have to say the community efforts behind this are even more impressive. Updater scripts, loads of cores and even artwork for these cores all made easy to install.

Comment

Its impressive stuff for sure, and there's more to come!

My dock is finally preparing to ship. It should make a nice replacement for the SNES Mini currently tucked away under the living room TV.
              Last edited by Cepp; 15-11-2022, 13:46.

Comment

Can the dock resolutions be changed at the moment? I’m on 480p but the others are greyed not and unable to be selected. I’m on the current firmware for the pocket and dock.

Comment

For those that have already paid their duties on their Pockets - does the request for payment come from "[email protected]"?

I've had a black and a white one ordered for ages and I've been sent a link to pay £90? I just want to ensure I'm not being scammed 🤔

Comment

Yeah that's the email address that contacted me when I purchased mine. I remember thinking I'd got away with it until it appeared.

I was flip flopping on adding the DAC to my order and swapping the hard case for a GG adaptor, but after contacting them it turns out they won't let you, so that's that.

The hard case seems pointless, I'm not sure why I ordered it. I can claw some money back reselling it though so kept it.

Comment

Cheers Cepp 👍

Comment

Read that people in group C are receiving notifications that their orders are preparing to ship. Keep an eye out wakka!

Comment

Oooooooohhhhhhh exciting!

Nothing as yet...still 'Processing' on the order page too.

I'm actually Group B but Group B seems to have been split up into separate unnamed waves (CMcK was in the first wave, for example).

I've got a 105xxx order number so I'm confident I'll be in the second wave, as the first wave ended at about 103xxx order numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            Jelly! I'm in the second wave of orders that went to the 'Preparing' status. With the first wave now shipping, I'm hoping that mine will ship by the end of November (people in the first wave who have had their units shipped first switched to 'Preparing' status around 3 weeks ago, so that's my best estimate anyway).
                            Oh you sweet summer child.

My unit has finally, FINALLY shipped as of yesterday, due for delivery by next Friday.

It's been more than 12 months since I originally ordered (along with everyone else) in the mad bum rush in mid-December 2021 and while I knew it would be a long wait, it's been more aggravating than it should have been. Not only did Analogue throw out false hope that stuff would arrive quicker than it did back in October, when they confidently announced everyone in groups B and C would get theirs by the end of 2022, but they also straight up seemed to lose mine and many other orders.

I was tipped off to this by following the shipping/arrivals megathread on r/AnaloguePocket where I could see people who were well into Group C, with order numbers of #130,000 onwards, were getting theirs, while a load of people in the #95,000 to #105,000 range hadn't received anything.

Anyway I emailed them, never got a response, but then suddenly they emailed a ton of people in this range (including me) with a message saying their 'logistics partner' had screwed up and they were sorry and would be shipping our machines imminently.

That was last week and now my machine has finally shipped.

To be honest, I wouldn't be racing to order from Analogue again on the strength of all this. But looking forward to finally receiving my unit

Comment

I'm just glad that one of the Forum's longest running sagas, "The Curious Case of [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION] and his long-awaited Analogue Pocket", is now finally coming to a long-overdue conclusion!

Comment

I'm sure everybody is tired of hearing about it!

Comment

Working...
                                X