Analogue Pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analogue Pocket Restock
    Analogue Pocket will be restocked on Dec 4th, 2023 8am PST and will be delivered before Christmas. An additional Analogue Pocket restock will go live on Dec 8th, 2023 8am PST and will be shipping in Feb 2024.

Analogue Dock in White Limited Editions
    Analogue will be releasing a Limited Edition White Dock on Dec 4th, 2023 alongside the Pocket restock.

Christmas Delivery
    All in-stock orders placed before Dec 11th, 2023 will be delivered before Christmas.

Analogue Pocket OS v1.2 & 2.0 Release Dates
    Analogue Pocket OS v1.2 will be released in early December. OS v1.2 fixes many important bugs, adds new controller support, updates Nanoloop, and adds openFPGA Developer features. OS v2.0 will be released before Christmas featuring Original Display Mode support for openFPGA and a new CRT Trinitron Original Display Mode.

Analogue Pocket Adapter Set Release Date
    Analogue Pocket Adapter Set has been delayed and will be shipping in late February 2024. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. We are looking forward to getting these in to everyone’s hands and note that Pocket Adapters are supported with openFPGA. As always, if you’d like to cancel your pre-order at any time, we have a no questions asked, 100% refund. Please feel free to contact Analogue Support at any time.
    ​
    Just got my greenie Pocket through today, seems like there'll be even more opportunities for folks still wanting one to grab a unit, but kinda bummed about the adapters though.

Comment

At this point I've waited so long for the adapters I'm not too worried about another delay. I mean by the standards of any other company it would be insane how long it's taking, but it's par for the course with Analogue.

I'm looking forward very much to getting my hands on the Analogue OS 2.0 update. Love the sound of the Trinitron display mode.

t seems pretty illogical that they're even bothering with the 1.2 update honestly, since going by their own timetable 2.0 will be released just a couple of weeks later. I can only imagine they had intended to get 1.2 out much earlier as a stopgap.

Comment

Genuinely didn't think I'd see the Duo this year, and I still have my doubts, but good news anyway hopefully!

Comment

I have to say, although I am glad Duo preorderers have got good news, I do have my doubts as well. I was one of the people in that massively long wait for the second wave of Pockets, and they did a similar 'before Christmas' promise around this time of year for us. I eventually received my machine around early Feb.

Hopefully that's not the case again here!

Comment

Honestly, if it's not with me by Chrimbo I'll be cancelling.

Comment

Duo embargo is up:

Comment

What's the takeaway here, slighty undercooked but mostly works. Bit funny with a number of hucards.

Comment

Has anyone here actually had a shipping notice?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                    Has anyone here actually had a shipping notice?
                    Not yet but it can’t be far away. Friday was the last day for changing your shipping address so hopefully that’s systems starting to ship. Just received my Turbo Everdrive and need to find some blank CDs before it arrives.
                    I’ve watched a couple of reviews and it seems overall very positive. The 1080p output looks great and I’m curious to try the composite palette output too. Looks less garish than the RGB output. Seeing the same OS as the Pocket on a system intended for larger screens is disappointing but may be updated in the future I suppose.

Comment

Can't say I really came away from those videos feeling as positive as you but as you said, last chance to cancel was Friday, so I'm getting it now either way. Had I seen the videos first I doubt I would've bothered with it.

Comment

That was cheeky that they positioned the embargo end three days after the last point of cancellation for preorders.

It looks good overall but also like it's coming out slightly half cocked. It looks to me like it could have done with another few months of bug fixes but they decided to push it out before Xmas no matter what.

I'm continuing to wonder where that 'early December' Analogue Pocket 1.2 update is...we're supposed to be getting the 2.0 by Christmas, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

I'm continuing to wonder where that 'early December' Analogue Pocket 1.2 update is...we're supposed to be getting the 2.0 by Christmas, as well.
                          The 1.2 update for the Pocket is already out. I updated my Pocket last night.

Comment

Oh nice! I will install it in that case 🙂

Comment

Well, mine has shipped!

Comment

Firmware 1.1 is now available.

OS

Added option to manually disable CD-ROM^2
                                Adjusted PSG noise channel level audio
                                Fixed button mapping on 8BitDo NeoGeo controller when connected via USB
                                Fixed integer video scaling issue
                                Fixed “Limit RGB Range” setting
                                Fixed OS detection for some HuCards
                                Minor UI fixes

System

Fixed Shinobi HuCard boot issue
                                Fixed Power Drift HuCard boot issue
                                Fixed Paranoia HuCard boot issue
                                Fixed Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego graphics issue​

Comment

Working...
                                X