No announcement yet.

Analogue Pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the tip. I tried that but it doesn’t work for me. Even downgrading the TBED OS to v1 doesn’t help. My TBED is the ver 2.5 model. I keep getting a SD IO error. Just have to wait for an official fix.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      Very happy to be proven wrong! Been away doing an absolute mega tour of family all of the last week but I’ll be downloading this today. Great to finally have openfpga filters, that is huge - especially with a new CRT one for home systems.

Comment

Definitely a reflection of my own laziness, but I’ve ended up switching back to a genuine PC Engine with a Super Hd System 3 from the Duo. I think it was the ease of having an original MD and SFC hooked up with everdrives that sunk it for me. Won’t stop me buying more original PCE games mind you.

Want a good deal on an Analogue Duo, hit me up!

Comment

I finally got round to installing the 2.0 firmware for the Pocket the other day.

Really like the CRT filter that's now applicable across every OpenFPGA core. I gave it a quick test on Super Mario World and the Dead of the Brain fan translation and it's a marked improvement over raw pixels - although I think it'll make an even bigger difference for people playing on their TV via the dock.

Of note also is that there are now GB and GBC cores that support RTC (as well as the very good default screen filters, thanks to 2.0). So Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal gen is now a go via ROMs! I'm thinking about giving Crystal a go, as I've never played that one.

Comment

A few days after my post about alternative ways to power the Duo, the cheap toothbrush adapter I was using suddenly died. It may have just been the fuse, but I didn't really want to risk using it with my shiny new console anymore, so I did a little more research and found these Anker chargers which appear to work perfectly: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CDKYZK27

I thought the info may be useful to someone at some stage!

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
              A few days after my post about alternative ways to power the Duo, the cheap toothbrush adapter I was using suddenly died. It may have just been the fuse, but I didn't really want to risk using it with my shiny new console anymore, so I did a little more research and found these Anker chargers which appear to work perfectly: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CDKYZK27

I thought the info may be useful to someone at some stage!
              I’ve got a couple different Anker products, all high quality stuff, not had any wear out yet!

Comment

Don't hold your breath, but Pocket adapters are supposedly shipping at the end of this month...

Comment

I've received an email now saying my order is being prepared, which is nice.

Kind of want to pick up a dock at some point too. I see they're in stock and ready to ship now. Might wait till my mate who lives in CA comes back to the UK to visit so I can get him to bring it and save on shipping and tax though, as I'm not in a rush.

Comment

I've just ordered a Dock, wish I'd ordered it with my original order but at that time I didn't know it would end up being the primary way I play MD, SNES, PCE, Amiga (I know!), CPS1&2 and other bespoke arcade cores as well as the GB/GBA stuff I originally thought it would replace

​​​​​

Comment

Contribute to analoguejb/Analogue-Duo-JB development by creating an account on GitHub.

Duo jailbreak is out. Based on current v1.1 firmware. Guess that makes my Turbo Everdrive a waste of money….

Comment

Has anyone tried it out yet?

Comment

I’ve installed the jailbreak and played a few roms from the SD card. Works well. I only have a small card in there so didn’t try any CD images yet.

Comment

I updated my Pocket with the latest firmware and tried the PC Engine adaptor. Has the same issue with the Turbo Everdrive as the Duo. Don't have any Lynx or NGPC carts at the moment to test.

Comment

Oh! Yours has arrived? That's awesome. I got a shipping notification a few days ago. Hopefully mine isn't far away.

EDIT: Just checked the tracking and mine are coming tomorrow
                              Last edited by wakka; 06-03-2024, 12:11.

Comment

Mine arrived this morning!

Haven't tried it yet as I need to update the firmware, but I pulled the adapters out of the box to poke at them. They're really nicely designed. Looking forward to giving my NGPC games some love later

Comment

Working...
                                X