No announcement yet.

ANBERNIC Gaming Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it looks like Anbernic have finally released the follow-up to the RG-350M they should’ve done first time around, with a new RG-351 variant with a proper 640 x 480 4:3 screen, the RG-351MP. Looks really cool with a proper sleep mode and THAT COLOUR <3

Shame no QOL improvements like Bluetooth connectivity but if I was still on the fence over getting a Chinese handheld, I’d jump at getting this. Being an RG-350M owner already, it’s a hard sell.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
      Well it looks like Anbernic have finally released the follow-up to the RG-350M they should’ve done first time around, with a new RG-351 variant with a proper 640 x 480 4:3 screen, the RG-351MP. Looks really cool with a proper sleep mode and THAT COLOUR <3
      It looks great, though the main change is the screen.

I'm happier with the RG-351M, because the widescreen display is perfect for GBA (which is my main use-case), but if you wanted home console emulation on the go, this is great.

Comment

Do you prefer it for the GBA, Asura? You should have said earlier…

I'm interested in the MP. I had a 280M that caught joystick drift so returned it, have a 351V that I don't touch, just not keen on the form factor. Will probably sell to get the MP.

Comment

Originally posted by muddy View Post
          Do you prefer it for the GBA, Asura? You should have said earlier…

I'm interested in the MP. I had a 280M that caught joystick drift so returned it, have a 351V that I don't touch, just not keen on the form factor. Will probably sell to get the MP.
          In my defense it was 5 months ago

Comment

The buttons, screen, and integer scaling have me interested in this one.

Comment

I'm thinking about the RG351MP to keep in the car.

I guess the best place to order from is AliExpress? Can anyone recommend a reputable stockist on there? Cheers.

Ah, NVM. I think I found their official store.
              Last edited by dataDave; 04-10-2021, 22:04.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                I'm thinking about the RG351MP to keep in the car.

I guess the best place to order from is AliExpress? Can anyone recommend a reputable stockist on there? Cheers.

Ah, NVM. I think I found their official store.
                I went with their eBay store for my 351; the price was a little higher but not much, and I figured it would be easier to fix any problems that might arise.

Comment

Right. I've had a few issues with AliExpress before, however, their staff have been excellent when it comes to resolution.

I guess with this being their official outlet I don't have much to worry about.

Comment

Might shock people, but I might actually sell my 351M on here I love it, but due to recent events, I'm going to get a Steam Deck and I don't need both devices.

Comment

I got my RG350M from droix.co.uk

Might cost more than AliExpress but I am willing to pay extra for the peace of mind buying from a UK supplier offers (plus supporting local business).

Comment

Thanks to the EU insisting that absolutely all imports must have duty paid upfront by any non-member state retailer it costs €192.29 for an RG351MP shipped to the Netherlands. That's a very easy pass.

Even the RG280V costs over €90.

Comment

Quite sad to say after such a long time of being a fan of ANBERNIC, I recently got an RG280v and it has a damaged screen with a 1mm gap at the edge; it's been poorly assembled.

ANBERNIC have at least offered to allow me to return it. However, they've also said that they regard this defect as "within tolerance" for the unit.

This is a real shame as (1) it took ages to arrive, coming from China, so this will take a while to resolve and (2) it really puts me off getting a replacement as I'm now wondering if I just got very lucky with my prior units.

Comment

Man, that's such bad news and kind of ****ty if they really think that sort of gap is acceptable.
                            I've had so many of their devices come my way with zero issues. I hope you unfortunate experience is a one off. Sucks if they've let their quality slide.

Comment

I really want to try an RG280V but I've heard so, so, so many stories about the rubbish build/assembly. Especially with gaps at the top right side of the screen

On top of that, it'd cost well over €100 for one thanks to the new EU customs, handling, and tax rates. In this case I may as well just aim for an Analogue Pocket, or if that doesn't work out then nothing at all really as my GBA and NGPC machines still work well. I'm not fussed.

Comment

I've got the RG351M on the way. I'll be sure to check the build quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X