ANBERNIC Gaming Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    I've got the RG351M on the way. I'll be sure to check the build quality.
    Honestly mine was fantastic; no problems at all. Ditto for my RG350M. I wonder if the metal units just have better QC?

Comment

I've got the RG351M on the way. I'll be sure to check the build quality.
      Didn’t go for the RG351MP then? Better for everything other than GBA.

Comment

RG351MP coming in at €173 for Black Friday. The regular price is €266.15, apparently.

Amazing! I might buy all three colours.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
          Didn’t go for the RG351MP then? Better for everything other than GBA.
          Sorry, sure I wrote RG351MP. That's what's on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            RG351MP coming in at €173 for Black Friday. The regular price is €266.15, apparently.

Amazing! I might buy all three colours.
            Is that on AliExpress? 😂 Yeah their sales are utter bull****.

Comment

Sorry, sure I wrote RG351MP. That's what's on the way.
              Going to update the firmware?

I honestly wouldn't mind one, I'm not paying stupid prices though.

Comment

I’d like to see Dreamcast performance using CFW; apparently it is much better than stock albeit functional as opposed to good, and stil far from perfect. But if it’s usable for at least say 50% of the library then I’d be tempted to upgrade from the RG-350M.

Comment

I honestly wouldn't mind one, I'm not paying stupid prices though.
                  Cool, I'm going to update the one I get if it's not a pain. Will check out the video later.

Comment

RG-351MP is at £104 with free shipping at droid.co.uk Black Friday offer.

Comment

Anbernic have accepted a return on my RG280v btw, they're going to refund me the postage too, though it still has to go back to China so might be weeks before I get the money back.

Mainly though it puts me off ordering a replacement. After this experience I'll have to see one in my own hands before I put money down to know it's a good unit.

Comment

You could get Anbernic from Droix. Costs a bit more but peace of mind buying from a U.K. distributor. That’s where I got my RG-350M and the service was great, although luckily for me there were no issues with the device itself.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                          You could get Anbernic from Droix. Costs a bit more but peace of mind buying from a U.K. distributor. That’s where I got my RG-350M and the service was great, although luckily for me there were no issues with the device itself.

Thanks [MENTION=2587]samanosuke[/MENTION] - if I can get it to work, I probably will try them once I get my refund.
                          Last edited by Asura; 26-11-2021, 07:58.

Comment

The Black Friday pricing makes sense - From Monday orders will open for the RG552P

The RG552P is the successor to the entire RG351 generation line up and see's the handheld move to Android 7.1

Specs:

CPU/Processor Rockchip RK3399
                            (6 Cores @ 1.8GHz)
                            RAM 4GB LPDDR4
                            Display Size 5.5 Inches
                            Display Resolution 1920×1152
                            Aspect Ratio 5:3
                            Control Layout Dual Analog; Symmetrical (Lower)
                            Storage 64GB eMMC
                            SD Card Layout 2x External
                            Battery 2x 3200mAh
                            Charging Input – 9V~12V ≥2.5A
                            Supports Fast Charging (PD, QC, AFC, etc.)
                            Operating System Linux (Batocera, etc.) via microSD
                            Android 7.1 via eMMC
                            Speakers Dual Stereo Speakers
                            Device Weight Unknown
                            Dimensions Unknown
                            Colours Available: Black, Bronze Gray
                            Other Features “10-point” Touch Screen
                            HDMI Output (tentatively full-sized)
                            3.5mm Headphone Jack
                            Active Cooling (heatsink + fan)
                            Built-in Rumble (“dual motors”)

Linux can be added via MicroSD, HDMI and Wi-Fi support return - Emulation should be strong enough to cover PSP, N64, Dreamcast systems on top of previous ones and max out with lightweight Gamecube games.

Comment

Ah balls.

I was looking at an RG351MP in the sales, but naturally there's a better version around the corner.

You could perpetually wait for the conveyor belt to stop, but you'll never get on!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                I was looking at an RG351MP in the sales, but naturally there's a better version around the corner.

You could perpetually wait for the conveyor belt to stop, but you'll never get on!
                                As always with these, "better" is relative. The bigger screen and more platforms is good in isolation, but it depends on your needs. As the Switch exists, a device with a much bigger screen/form factor might not appeal to the same group of people.

Admittedly one of the nice things about Anbernic is that they maintain about a dozen devices with various features. Some people hate the 280v, others love it, for example.

Comment

Working...
                                X