ANBERNIC Gaming Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    I’m irritated with this thing to an enormous level already.

How the **** do I get it to read from the TF2 memory card slot?
    You have to use the TFP software. Connect the device to a PC via USB C then open the TFP software on the device and your PC TFP software. Enter the RG-350's IP and you're off. Very easy.

Oh wait, you want it to read the 2nd SD card? Just point your emulators towards the rom paths. It has to be done on a per emulator basis though.

Comment

Thanks, I got it working ok last nights though apart from Mame, which the built in emulator has almost zero compatibility with the Rom sets I have. (Even when I switch versions it has installed)

Have to say that so far I’m not very impressed with it. The build quality seems absolutely excellent, but it’s fiddly and unintuitive with poor emulation in places. Not sure if the emulation issues are down to the built in emulators being crap or the system simply not having enough grunt.

Comment

Thanks, I got it working ok last nights though apart from Mame, which the built in emulator has almost zero compatibility with the Rom sets I have. (Even when I switch versions it has installed)

Have to say that so far I’m not very impressed with it. The build quality seems absolutely excellent, but it’s fiddly and unintuitive with poor emulation in places. Not sure if the emulation issues are down to the built in emulators being crap or the system simply not having enough grunt.
        Is this the RG350M?

It might be the emulators you have installed, as mine has run everything I've thrown at it on key platforms, even PS1. I have it running Vagrant Story really well, which is one of the more intensive 3D PS1 games.

Comment

It is, yes. FBA has been particularly ****ty.

Comment

See if you can get some updated emulators installed. You shouldn't be having these issues. Most stuff should be running very well to perfectly. Where did you get yours from?

Comment

Admittedly I haven't been that near MAME/NeoGeo, so if you're trying to run stuff that's very intensive on MAME, I'm not so sure.

To clarify, the emulation isn't 100% perfect, just very, very good. Slowdowns I've seen:
              • The 3D card effect in the intro to Cardfighters Clash on NGPC (though I've seen PC emulators screw this up)
              • The explosion FX in Front Mission 3 during the battles, but as these bits aren't interactive, this doesn't cause problems
              • Weirdly, the first moments of stages in Sonic Advance 2 (the user interface causes it)

But these are all minor, and don't hamper my enjoyment all that much.

Comment

The Neo Geo emulator installed is actually very good, I had no issues with Metal Slug or Garou last night. (Which also showed that the systems D-pad was pretty decent) That said it's locked in to English bios, so no blood, so also annoying.

These may well all be early familiarisation issues, but definitely not loving it out of the box, tinkering is always the case with these things though.

Comment

Had a wee quiet hour in the shop there so I've managed to squeeze a few games in here and there. I reckon if I can get a good night on it after I close I can get it how I want it. To be fair it took me quite a while to get my Raspberry Pi set up so this will undoubtedly be no different. Speaking of which, can this just be set up with a version of Emulation Station?

What I am really glad about is that I went with the matte black system as I think it looks great, and it does feel quality.

Comment

Satisfactory progress with some essentials for work tomorrow!

Comment

Satisfactory progress with some essentials for work tomorrow!

There you go. Looks like you just got a half arsed compiled system. You should be able to get things running smoothly in most cases.

Comment

Only need to do the following now and I’ll be happy:

Get either Unibios or Japanese bios set In the Neo emulator. I’ve already dropped the Unibios in to the Rom folder but it doesn’t seem to be detecting it.

Similar situation with the PCE emulator, I have the CD-Rom bios in there which is functioning fine, but I can’t get CD-Rom games to run yet. I may try another emulator.

I still need to try an entirely new version of Mame. The one installed is seemingly known for its garbage compatability so god knows why they used it.

FBA is still a bit spotty emulation wise but I’m getting there. I do like how it switches to Tate mode and turns the whole systems controls to match. I’d rather it was a d-pad for this and not an analogue stick, but at least the stick isn’t too loose.

Few more days tinkering and it should be all good.

Comment

Meet the RG351P

Comment

Of course there’s a new one two days after I dip a toe in.

Comment

Of course there’s a new one two days after I dip a toe in.
                              You did alright - it’s got a 3:2 aspect ratio so not all that. Let’s wait for Anbernic to release a proper 4:3 unit with beefed up processor.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                Meet the RG351P

It looks just like the RG-350p

Comment

Working...
                                X