Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your biggest regrets. Have you passed up great deals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

games ten pound jaguar, weep

Comment

Before I knew much about prices, I traded in my Panzer Dragoon Saga for ?15 at Gamestation. Saw it a few weeks ago, near ?100 ft:

Comment

You don't see prices like the UK's in the States. Videogames & consoles are ****ing extortionate over here. These stores don't give a **** about competition cos' they know the consumers are all lazy and won't shop around for a bargain. Or something. Makes me all ft:

Comment

My regrets are selling my Commodore 128 and Amiga.....

Comment

Originally posted by taurusnipple
            You don't see prices like the UK's in the States. Videogames & consoles are ****ing extortionate over here. These stores don't give a **** about competition cos' they know the consumers are all lazy and won't shop around for a bargain. Or something. Makes me all ft:
            Sounds to me like the big video game retailers are colluding with one another.

Comment

nes for a pound

i had one already..........**** a pound

Ringo 8)

Comment

Regrets, where do I begin, but I guess my biggest is NOT buying Metal Slug 1 for the Neo Geo AES which was in my hands for ?350, only lottery winners can afford it now
                Strangley, my best bargain ever was an original, mint condition, Japanese version Metal Slug 1 for AES for ?200
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Magic Pengel for 20.00 at Best Buy. I was restraining myself because the gaming glut that was coming with the holiday season.

Comment

I saw Magic pengel on ebay, buy it now, from the USA for around ?10, but the thought of paypal hassle, and extar postage made me think I could wait. I now dont see it anymore.

Anyway, I see cheap NES' all the time.
                    Bought several at car boot sales for ?1 each because they didnt work, then reconditioned them.

Also, today say a NES, 2 pads, gun and 1 game, for only 19 Euro.
                    The guy still has it, should I go back and pick it up?

Comment

I was looking forward to picking up an old Tecmo game called Devil's Deception in my local Gamestation today, along with Bust-A-Groove and Little Big Adventure. So I went to pull out some cash from the nearest ATM, and when I get back, the main focus of my pull was gone.

I check the whole PSOne rack, but it wasn't anywhere to be found. Not my biggest regret, but definately one of the few already building in 2004.

Comment

I have devils deception....
                        Interested in buying it off me?
                        Its mint, PAL version

Its not that good, too restrictive, but certainly unique. Never played anything else like it. PM me if interested.
                        But due to too many games at once being bought, I put it on the shelf alongside Sentient and a number of other games.

Comment

You've confirmed my initial thoughts. I was going to get Devil's Deception out of mere curiosity, but if it's not all that brilliant in the first place, then perhaps I'm not missing out on that much.

In any case, cheers for the heads up.

Comment

no worries.

Could have been so much better, but the hardware held it back.

A remake, with full free roaming abilities could be fantastic.
                            Or a futuristic update with camera and other stuff.

Like so many games, good on paper, but not quite it in execution, pity.

Comment

ive never passed up any super bargins i passed on panzer dragoon saga ?40 second hand, i thought it was a bit expensive for a second hand saturn game and the box was a bit tatty, although i did finish the first disk that they gave away with sega saturn magazine and serieousley considered getting it,

Our game station (the leeds one) tended to be a bit expensive even quite a few years ago, samba was about 90 quid Neo Geo pocket stuff ?50 plus for new pal games just after it was canned.

the bradford one on the other hand used to be a gold mine, Loads of ngp stuff for a tenner faseli, cool boarders, Metal slug 2, evolution, capcom vs SNK match of the millenium, the only one i passed up on was Evolution which was pretty stupid of me, id have to mention though that even though cool boarders is rare on the ngp it is absolute pish.

got loads of other ace bargins from there though castelvania sotn pal new for a tenner, suikoden 1 and 2 for ?20 each

and my fave mario one two and three on the nes boxed with instruction brand new and sealed for ?3 last year

Comment

Panzer Dragoon Saga ay? Arguably one the best games on the 20th century if you ask me. Anyway, I dunno if I should post it here, but I came across mine via some shady business.

I saw it on ebay, and bid on it, on a whim at around ?35
                                Suddenly the guy pulls the auction, for personal reasons. He has low feedback, I assume a noob.
                                He then emails me, saying he still wants to sell it.
                                He asks for ?40, I say ok. He puts up a private auction, which I win.
                                This was around 3 years ago.

Anyway, I send off payment. I ask the guy how come its so cheap, he says his uncle works at a store that was clearing out all their old stock, and he was selling stuff off. Said I must ask him for any other items. He could "get them" for me. I declined since I was so low on cash, I had to borrow the ?40.

Anyway, 2 weeks go by, the cheque clears, and he claims to post it. But it still hasnt arrived.
                                I email him, he says there was a postal strike.
                                So I ring up the royal mail, and question them about his local area. They say there have been no strikes int that area, or indeed at all over this time period.

I get suspicious, so I email him, and confront him. No reply.
                                So I track down the phone number to the store where he said his uncle works in his town. I ask them for a Mr *****, or if anyone there knows a Mr *****. I get a muffled, "erm... No, no we... er dont have anyone here by that name..."
                                So I email him, telling him what Ive done. No reply.

I then get real sneaky, and checking that white pages thing online, with everyones phone number and street adress, I start checking his street with various random surnames. His number is ex directory, so its no good, I cant get his number.

Since all you need is a surname, I thought if I randomly get the right one, it might show up a neighbour of his, and Id get them to start questioning him.

Well I ended up finding some irate lady, 5 doors down from him. (lucky as hell, I know!)
                                I ask her, and she gets really annoyed and demands I stop calling her. Sounds real old, like some 50 year old biddy.

Anyway, I email him again, but don't reveal what Ive done, and say Im going to go down there and find him if he doesnt cough up my game.
                                (a blatant lie, I would have simply reported him to ebay, but I didnt want to jump the ebay gun, in case it jeopordiesed my getting the game)

Anyway, 4 days later I get my mint PDS, with crisp outer casing, and discs which apparently have never been played. It is mint down to the staples in the booklet. I email to say its arrived, he doesnt reply back.
                                He leaves me 1 word of feedback
                                "reliable"

I regret I hadnt asked him for more, if the guy was dumb enough to sell me a mint PDS so cheaply, I might have been able to furnish alot more of my Saturn collection relatively cheaply, like getting dragon force maybe.
                                Perhaps though, it was for the best?

Comment

Working...
                                X