No announcement yet.

Egret II mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] maybe if you want the deluxe set, but the basic package isn't even close to that much.

I just checked on Amazon JP and it's 21,354 yen delivered to the UK. About £140.

Here ya go:

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      @QualityChimp maybe if you want the deluxe set, but the basic package isn't even close to that much.

I just checked on Amazon JP and it's 21,354 yen delivered to the UK. About £140.

Here ya go:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B096FQTYYV/
      I mean I know, obviously, but should a simpleton wander in this thread and has a UK Amazon account, could I they order from Amazon Japan? Would I they get with Import Duty when it arrives?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        I mean I know, obviously, but should a simpleton wander in this thread and has a UK Amazon account, could I they order from Amazon Japan? Would I they get with Import Duty when it arrives?
        You'll need to set up a new account (you can use the same email as your UK account), but it's pretty easy provided you turn the UI to English via the menu at the top. They'll add shipping and tax in the checkout process so that everything's paid up front, and your stuff'll sail through customs without anything additional to be collected later.

edit: sorry, they'll, they, their etc. Ahem.
        Last edited by fuse; 30-09-2021, 13:25.

Comment

It's even easy to return stuff if it's faulty, with English speaking customer service. I've always had a good experience with Amazon JP. I think a while back they figured out that there was a decent market for importing stuff from Japan via grey market sites like PlayAsia and decided to take a huge bite out of them.

Comment

I keep scanning Taito's twitter feed for new info as stuff pops up they did a little play test with an arcade maniac, they invited him to come have a little playtest and he seemed to like it a lot. The only thing that sucks is having to wait so damn long for it to come out.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              It's even easy to return stuff if it's faulty, with English speaking customer service. I've always had a good experience with Amazon JP. I think a while back they figured out that there was a decent market for importing stuff from Japan via grey market sites like PlayAsia and decided to take a huge bite out of them.
              It's why i gave up using playasia, found it a slap in the face the price they mark stuff up at when you see what it's supposed to retail for on amazon j. Even with the extra expense of tenso i can totally mitigate that with the fact i can make everything go through customs without it getting taxed. In the 4+ years i have been using them i have had zero parcels get stopped by customs & taxed and i have had some belters going through like those full sized arcade controllers for project diva & taiko no tatsujin. Can't ever go back to importer places like that when i have access to it all for myself, plus all those little shops across japan in back alleys have amazon jp marketplace storefronts so you can find really rare game stuff sometimes. Things that would never pop up on ebay for the prices they do on amazon.
              Last edited by importaku; 30-09-2021, 13:40.

Comment

Thanks gang.

So, who's getting one, then?

Comment

Me! Going for the big set with all the bits.

Comment

I am sitting it out because I have too much stuff in my house as it is. But I await Importaku's megapost on it when he receives his.

Comment

I want this but I know if I buy it I will never use it just like every mini console or handheld I own. I just can't help thinking I'm buying a fancy MAME box. Let's be honest, that's what it is. Just a computer emulating arcade roms in a very sexy fashion.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. It looks ****ing cool don't get me wrong but I know what will happen after I've had my 5 minutes of fun.

Comment

Same sentiments as above, that doesn't mean I don't want or think it's amazing. Deffo want it, but a lot of dough for stuff I've already got.

Comment

I'm in for a set with the spinner/trackball controller (mainly so I get all the games) but no other 2p pad/stick.

Comment

I make that 4 sensible losers to 3 arcade-loving madlads so far. Who's going to tip the scales in favour of Egret purchasers??

Comment

Well my preorder is still there, i have budgeted for it over a few months to take the sting out of the cost so now i just have to wait although i havent budgeted for postage from tenso though as i have no idea how bad it will be till the thing arrives there & they weigh it.

Comment

Working...
                                X