Egret II mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    OK, so that guy said "egg-ret" but it's deffo "eee-grit" like the bird, right?

RIGHT?!
    I've always pronounced it "egg-ray" with a little pseudo-French je ne sais quoi.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
      I've always pronounced it "egg-ray" with a little pseudo-French je ne sais quoi.
      You're not helping!

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post

Comment

It's actually technically an initialism. You pronounce it E.G.R.E.T., as an abbreviation of Experimental Gaming Rig EX Type.

Comment

In English at least, its pronounced "E-gret", like the bird, which the original Taito Egret 29 was named after due to its shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
              In English at least, its pronounced "E-gret", like the bird, which the original Taito Egret 29 was named after due to its shape.

Oh, that bird. I thought QC meant this one:

Comment

Always assumed it was ee-gret, because that's in the dialogue for Zone of Enders 2, where the main character is called Dingo Egret.

I freely confess I didn't know the name of the machine prior to the 2010s.
                Last edited by Asura; 25-02-2022, 05:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
                  You sir, are a king amongst jesters!

Comment

Eggret is what I feel after eating 3 boiled eggs when my fat gut only needed 2.

Comment

Guess I should step in and tell everyone how it is pronounced just to clear things up
                      The name is イーグレット which in correct Romanised form is iiguretto. So it is pronounced as eegret in English. Basically like saying regret but missing the "r". It's a very odd name for an arcade cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        Guess I should step in and tell everyone how it is pronounced just to clear things up
                        The name is イーグレット which in correct Romanised form is iiguretto. So it is pronounced as eegret in English. Basically like saying regret but missing the "r". It's a very odd name for an arcade cabinet.
                        Depends where in the country you’re from, Yak. I know you Scousers pronounce it “reeeeegret” but down saaf the stress is on the second syllable so it sounds more like ruh-GRET.

I’m just gonna call it Iguretto moving forwards because that sounds Italian and cool.

Comment

Going back to that "in depth" youtube review i posted, to be honest it was a bit piss poor. In depth my ass, basically pissed around twizzling the screen constantly to pad out the runtime and moaning about how theres too many bubble bobble style games. No mention of the system menu options or anything useful was probably in such a rush to claim world exclusive that he put minimal effort in.

Comment

Man, I really egret not pre-ordering one of these...

Wait. Is that eee-gret, egg-ret or eee-gret?!?!??!

Comment

Any way you like, Egret's wouldn't sweat it

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                                Going back to that "in depth" youtube review i posted, to be honest it was a bit piss poor. In depth my ass, basically pissed around twizzling the screen constantly to pad out the runtime and moaning about how theres too many bubble bobble style games. No mention of the system menu options or anything useful was probably in such a rush to claim world exclusive that he put minimal effort in.
                                Of course, this was a slope's game room video after all
                                Don't worry, I'll publish a video on Wednesday, hopefully. That will show it all.

Comment

Working...
                                X