Retro|Spective 211: The Final Tour of Sega Saturn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game 23 - Wing Arms
    Bringing us to our end, Wing Arms is a flight simulator taking place in an alternative history post-WWII era setting. Players select from around 10 vehicles and tackle a chosen mission to destroy set targets. The game was reviewed as being a flawed but enjoyable title but its release passed by largely unnoticed.

Enjoyable on a Wing and Prayer?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Game 23 - Wing Arms
      This was in that list of titles that I really wanted to try, but never had the chance. I think it came out in an era where there was a real torrent of really good Saturn titles; the likes of Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter 2, Sega Rally and so on were doing the rounds.

Comment

I used to love Wing Arms. It was a great game back in the day.
        I I'm very fortunate to own a Japanese demo disc of this which contains a beta built of the game. It's clearly unfinished with many differences from the final. Sadly it's time limited (or some sort of restriction) so there's no way to complete a mission. I'd love to figure out how to unlock this beta to see what else is hiding in the code.

Comment

Yakumo

You could consider messaging someone like Hilltop, who are a prolific fan translation team:

They might be interested in hacking it, or know someone else in the game hacking community who might be up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            Yakumo

You could consider messaging someone like Hilltop, who are a prolific fan translation team:

They might be interested in hacking it, or know someone else in the game hacking community who might be up for it.
            Nice, good call. I think I will as I'm very curious to see what secrets are locked away.

Comment

Great! Keep us updated if you do!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Great! Keep us updated if you do!
                What I'll do first is make a Beta VS final video like I did with House of the Dead. That will give Hilltop something to look at so they know if it's worth their time or not.

Comment

Working...
                X