Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banner... (normally relates to the latest review)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was pok?mon typing when he posted!

Comment

heheh right.

Comment

Is that even a game?

Comment

Current banner is looking sweeeeeeeeeet.

Conduit 2 one looked bad though, why use a pixelly picture for it?

Comment

Is the current banner really blurry or is it my eyes?

Comment

Maybe a teeny bit of blurring noticeable on the BD logo around the edges but that might be my eyes too >.<

Comment

It's the red colour against the grey - when I went to .jpg it must have blurred the edges.
                As for the conduit 2 banner, that's the best quality picture I could find on the net related to it. The official site has nothing useful.

Comment

Charlie, old chap, you should be using PNG for graphics.

Comment

png is x10 bigger for the above pic 350kB vs 35kB. I think people would prefer faster page time, especially on phones. No one complained till now. I'll just have to avoid using intense reds which look pap in .jpg.

Comment

By using Photoshop's 'Save for Web & Devices' I can get a PNG down to 46kB.

Comment

I'm using an ancient version of photostudio. Got it down to 127kB

Comment

If that's troublesome perhaps try paint.net or The GIMP, which are presumably updated on a regular basis. Otherwise perhaps something like imgur may do a good job.

Comment

As PNGs are lossless for some images there's only so much compression they can do and will always be larger than JPGs. Given the forum index is already a couple of hundred kB to load smaller sized banners really make a difference to people using mobiles.

Comment

I refuse to use paint.net because it employs dirty tricks on its website to try and make you click on a "download 100%free" advert (I didn't fall for it).

I'll give gimpshop a go.

Comment

Is there a 'spot the Santa' competition? Because, if there is, I totally win.

Comment

Working...
                                X