No announcement yet.

New logo - anyone got an ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could always try those two logo's inside the original arrow border from the earlier logo

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
      Another doodle

OMG PAL BORDERS!

I hate the new name, however the second one here is really good if we must
      Last edited by SuperDanX; 24-08-2011, 09:26.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
        I'm liking this one
        I the sweet little excitebike man.

Comment

Ignore the font/messyness, as always.

Comment

I'm liking Chimp's work, but can we not have a vote on the name or something? It really is awful.

Comment

Nope sorry. It's been decided on already. You could have submitted a better idea in the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                This file came out at 66.6kb. I don't know if that means anything.

Open it in a new tab for the full size
                I was going to submit an idea but why bother when this is such a great logo. Only thing i'd change is the font used, i'd probably use an angular font like denmark or quadrangle as the current font doesnt really fir the logo or the font used in the rest of the site.

Comment

I'm liking both of Chimps ideas (ignoring the bum one...), especially how he incorporated the little Excitebike fella in the 2nd one. Only nit-pick is on the first one - the gap between the "r" and "d" seems slightly large and only just separates the "bor" from the rest. Loving the double "d" design a lot.

I'm thinking there def needs to be more gaming elements in the other logos in the form of some sort of mascot or recognisable gaming icon (without copying an existing character).

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                    I'm thinking there def needs to be more gaming elements in the other logos in the form of some sort of mascot or recognisable gaming icon (without copying an existing character).
                    I don't really think that's the case. The point of the logo is to create an identity/recognisable brand (kind of) for the site, rather than to scream "WE'RE A GAMES SITE!" by giving people stuff they're already familiar with. Something really subtle might work, but QC's bike and my silly Arkanoid thing (for example) are way too blatant.

The banner itself and the content make the fact that we're a games site clear enough, for me.

Comment

Yeah I think the logo should become part of the site identity, rather than bringing pre-existing identity over to here, if you know what I mean. Something that, once familiar, says oh, that's that site rather than, oh, that's from that game. Just my personal view, though.

Comment

Sorry I didn't mean just characters, it could be anything from game pads to cartridges or go even subtler with a D-pad icon.

Comment

Poor Charles - you can please all of the people none of the time!

Fader - the "r-d" gap is just the way the font wrote. I can smarten it up.

monomaniacpat - the little motorbike guy is from Game Boy Motocross Maniacs, but good guess!

toythatkills - I didn't mean the bike to be videogame-specific, just a little bitmap image that I planned to re-draw if it was popular. I just wanted to convey escaping restrictions.

Dogg Thang - I'm trying to avoid specific gaming themes as that's what Chaz wanted.

the "double d" linked together does seem to work. I thought watermarking our screenshots would be a good idea, so here's what the bd looks like linked.

I just want to say that all the ideas are great so far, and even if we don't use them, I'm enjoying the brainstorming that's going on!

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Just riffing on the "infinity" idea by turning that linked bd on its side:

Comment

That was normal font before? Wow, I thought you went custom on it lol. That's fair enough then
                              The linked bd looks great too, would be good to see that with the rest of the letters.

Comment

Can you extend the top a bit? It looks like "pd."

Or even worse, if read from left to right, "DP."

Comment

Working...
                                X