No announcement yet.

New logo - anyone got an ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The loop itself is a border. That was the original intention anyway.

Comment

And also it's going down. And so borders down.

Comment

Something along the lines of this. Font isn't finalised and the black colour is changeable. Looks sweet in white with the text in black but of course it disappears on a light banner like this one. May change the D so it angles down more on its right corners but you get the idea.

Comment

That's nice. I'd be tempted to just fill the space with a colour or white - not sure it has to blend with every banner (just as the white is required on the current ntsc-uk logo). And you might get more from it by losing that bottom arrow and letting the main BD section take up that space at the bottom. Looks good.

Comment

Thanks Doggy The arrow bit was an optional extra as I only added it at the end, just thought it might need the emphasis on the "down" but then it could be taken too literal.
            It does look nice with a block colour in the space as that is how I worked on it initially, white design on a red background.

Edit - Original white on red
            Last edited by Fader209; 23-08-2011, 13:10. Reason: adding stuffs

Comment

The only issue with BD is that I can't unsee a face when you look at it at an angle!

It reminds me of one of the characters from rockos modern life

Comment

Where are we up to here?

Are we set on a square logo?

I have several scribbled ideas that I have yet to Photoshopify, but none of them are squares (Daddy-o).

Is it worth me doing them or are we set on the square one from the first few pages?

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                  The only issue with BD is that I can't unsee a face when you look at it at an angle!

It reminds me of one of the characters from rockos modern life
                  I was just thinking the same, it looks like a chimp

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Where are we up to here?

I have several scribbled ideas that I have yet to Photoshopify, but none of them are squares (Daddy-o).

Is it worth me doing them or are we set on the square one from the first few pages?
                    Doesn't have to be square at all, a little rectangular would be a preferable for me as I got some complaints because I made the banner wider!

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                      The loop itself is a border. That was the original intention anyway.
                      Aren't the borders directly referring to our lack of PAL borders? Or is it more ambiguous than that?

Comment

Borders=pants
                        Down=down

It's a metaphor. QC, I'd love to see the ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Boris View Post
                          Aren't the borders directly referring to our lack of PAL borders? Or is it more ambiguous than that?
                          No PAL Borders, and no Borders like country borders either, cause we cover games from everywhere. Down with Borders!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Where are we up to here?

Show us anything! Even if it's centred, site-wide logo. I was a bit worried that all the previous suggestions were being hemmed in by the current banner design.

Comment

Also... Does anyone know of a game in which your goal is to destroy borders or walls or some such thing. You know, like Bomberman. This was an interesting line of thought while we were debating name changes, but didn't come of anything. Might work for a mascot or logo starting point. Anyone got any ideas?

Comment

Alleyway/Arkanoid? Not really breaking borders as much as smashing walls though really....

Comment

Working...
                                X