No announcement yet.

New logo - anyone got an ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overall though it's looking funky Is it a rename with logo or is the whole site going to be redesigned to match?

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
      I think we should change the colour of the logo to match the current banner. Looks good and is a bit of fun.
      This.

It's a shame the logo lost the background though, it means it'll never be able to be transparent like the current one can be.

Comment

I thought the inside square and arrow can be transparent if need be.

Is anyone capable with layers and able to create a paintshop file by the way? Dave did it last time. So I can do transparent if need be just by pasting on an empty layer and change the outersquare colour with fill on one layer.

It's just a logo and name. The site has only just been redesigned.

Comment

In that case I'd say blue as a default when used outside the banner

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            I thought the inside square and arrow can be transparent if need be.
            Yeah, but you're kind of tied to that, like here in the one Pat made:

The logo itself can never be fully transparent. Whereas when the logo had a border, you can either have the inside square transparent, or the actual logo itself transparent depending on how you feel, like the difference between these two:

Ignore that the text is a different way around, you see what I mean about the logo though! Obviously it's not really much of a problem, just depends how much choice you want.

Comment

bordersdown is the new site name?

It sounds like a political movement Couldn't the borders bit be thesaurus-ed?

Im probably late to this party.

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post
                bordersdown is the new site name?

It sounds like a political movement

Comment

I like this one:-

I think the solid colour in the middle and transparency round the side make the logo stand out.

Comment

Ok, now that the server side is (touch wood) all sorted (and can I just say that's a massive relief), I'm keen to get back on the case with the rebrand. TTK's post #260 has persuaded me that we need a border so I can choose which bit to be transparent.

Now we just need to choose where to put the name. A lot of other sites just splat their name across 1/3 of the top. Having it bigger and horizontal would certainly make the font clearer - i.e. starting next to the logo and about 1/3 of the height and justting out into the banner. However, unless there is some shadowing (or a massive coloured block extension of the logo), this will look unreadable on certain banners.

Or could just go with:

Anyone care to mock up some efforts?
                    And could we try blue for the logo?

Comment

Well I still think it looks weird having the text that way round. In terms of being able to flip it one way or the other with the added border, the only reason I thought it might be a problem with less flexibility is those times when the source image for the banner is not wide enough to fit the whole width.

Might have a go at adding a border to my previous one later.

EDIT: See now this is not the one I thought it was...
                      Last edited by egparadigm; 11-09-2011, 13:09.

Comment

Just did these quickly before I forgot.

With the border on it you can add an opaque background. The second one is white behind rather than transparent. You might pick complementary colours.

Comment

We could just have the logo speaking for itself on the banner, and have "Bordersdown.net" where the Facebook button currently is.

Then move the Facebook button to the dustbin or something

Comment

I've been playing with things you guys can't see, how's about this?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

I think that looks like the letter G, which could end up being confusing. The thick border makes it more abstract, and thus more appropriate I think.

Comment

I prefer the text vertical as per post 264 myself, makes the logo look more designed imo, and agree with Alex on the border.

Comment

Working...
                                X