No announcement yet.

New logo - anyone got an ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a more chunky border, also with the icon reversed to stop it looking like a G

Comment

Personally, I prefer the previous version, Boris. But then I'm not really seeing a G so I don't see that as an issue. I do like how you've made it a logo and separated it from the text but part of me thinks it feels more complete with the text integrated, whether up the side or top or bottom. I'm not sure though as I do like how strong it looks with just the actual shape on the banner itself. Overall though, I think it works great. If at all possible, I'd be going without the shadow but that's totally just a personal preference - I have no good reason not to want a shadow.

Comment

This is the most recent one I tried, forgot to put it in here

Comment

I'm not seeing a G either, and the backwards one looks rubbish.

That's probably only because I'm used to the normal one, though! That most recent one is a bit too thick. Lose about 33% thickness

Comment

I don't see a G either. I quite like it with the text down the side, can't you just have 2 versions, 1 with the text and 1 without depending on the use?

Comment

I've decided on arrow on the right, text down the side. I like that border size.
              I might have the name in the settings bar as well as per ttk's suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                Cheers

With text

Other advantages: it would be really easy to make in the Forza paint editor!
                Is it too late to vote for this one? Looks by far the best in the thread.

Comment

Yes, too late! We're going with similar design with the name down the right hand side.

Comment

Logo for the address bar needs to be changed too incase anyone forgot.

Comment

So...why is it changing from NTSC-UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                        Logo for the address bar needs to be changed too incase anyone forgot.
                        You might need to close and open your browser for that to notice? The new one works for me in FF.

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
                          So...why is it changing from NTSC-UK?
                          A very brief summary here:
                          Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            You might need to close and open your browser for that to notice? The new one works for me in FF.
                            Not working for me, and going to www.bordersdown.net/favicon.ico just downloads the old NTSC-UK one, is it all linked up right?

EDIT: Actually, it does show the new one in an incognito window. Weird.

Comment

local caching - wait or ctrl-f5 etc.
                              The old favicon is not there on the server.

Comment

New favicon looks good, like the logo now it is "live". Any reason writers have lost their orange?

Comment

Working...
                                X