No announcement yet.

The Shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, it'd certainly improve that awful show with Johny Vaughn on Saturday nights anyway...

I hope nobody dies after Tuesday's episode, the characters are all too good.

Comment

Can't believe I missed last nights show ft:
      Why do they need to mess around with the scheduling? Tuesday nights was fine as it stood.

So what happened then? The last I saw was Tuesday night with Shane's confrontation with his Strike Squad colleague, what happened with the car, etc please?

Comment

You want to know everything...ok!

The guy Shane beat up is in hospital, looks like he will live, but they are not sure if he will remember anything. Vic is helping Shane cover it up.

Vic and team now know the money they stole is marked. Vic caught some guy with some money, which turned out it was their own stolen money, and now the FBI are starting to connect things up.

They are in serious ****

The rapest from an earlier episode has returned, and has raped many more old ladies. Dutch is on the case.

The Captain went out into the field with an FBI agent, who then left leaving the captain on his own. Two gang members jumped him and held him hostage for a while. Pistol wipped him around the head and tied him up. Made him...um...put something in his mouth. Vic saved the captain, but the captain lied saying he managed to fight off the two gang members.

I think that was about it.

Comment

Finally got into this at long last yesterday. I wasn't expecting what I saw. Really hard hitting stuff, even by current darkly comic American drama standards.

I just downloaded some of the first few episodes from season one to get more of a grip on the characters and what's going on. Is it worth watching the first two series and the start of the third to get up to speed, or is the storyline more or less focused on different plots each week?

I imagine it probably has something of an arc from what I saw.

Comment

You could get away with just watching season three, but I highly recommend watching the first two seasons first. If you can't do that, then at least watch season two, as the majority of the plot for season three is taken from there

(the money train).

Last edited by PeteJ; 13-01-2006, 13:47.

Comment

Thanks for that summary Pete.
              I'll have to catch the missed episode when the DVD's out, TBH Vic's reaction does sound like what I was expecting. So far this series has been excellent, I'd heard it was supposed to be a bit slow compared to previous series, has been far from that though IMO.

-Concept. Definitely watch the earlier seasons if possible. It will give all the background info to The Money Train, why Julien is acting weirdly and why Claudette and Aceveda don't like Vic. Not essential to understand this series but certainly useful.
              Play are doing the 1st for a very reasonable ?16 too.

Comment

I missed Sat nights episode because of channel 5 and there anal scheduling. What were they thinking, tues night was fine.

BASTARDS!!!!!!!111!!1111!!!!111111111!!!!!!!

Looks like Im gonna have to catch the rest of the season on dvd now as Im out most weekends.

real shame, is it out in the us yet?

EDIT:

no series 3 but 2 is there for 32.99 delivered see here
                Last edited by Robster; 26-07-2004, 19:01.

Comment

Err, where has the show gone to on Ch5?
                  They've not shown it for weeks due to that nasty little surgery programme, when's it back?

Comment

I checked Digiguide last night and it would appear that The Shield returns this week at it's old timeslot on Saturday nights. Good good, then

Comment

Thank God for that! C5 really screwed up with this, god damn beggers.

Comment

Those pesky Armenians! Nice lot eh, chopping peoples feet off.
                        The Strike Team might tear themselves apart mind, won't even need the Gangsters to do it for them.

The series is really starting to kick in, despite Ch5 best efforts at wrecking it. Top show, this and the current series of Sopranos are really something special.

Comment

Aye, last nights episode was fantastic. Just as I thought the series was losing it's appeal BAM, they show something as good as that.

Great stuff

Comment

trust me it gets better... some truely shocking moments...

Comment

Great show. Brother reconmended the show after seeing a review in a mag. Bought the 1st season on dvd as it was only ?16 from Play.com. Shame that Ch5 keep messing about with the time table. It was on during the week, then it moved to Sat for some reason. Then it wasn't on one Sat. Not watching any other show on 5 I never hear the news. Missed 4/5 episodes in this way. Bugger.

Comment

Season 3 was just released for R1. Get it now if you haven't already:

I have the other two in R2, but this time I can't wait... I missed too many episodes when it was airing on C5 so I have to see them now.

Comment

Working...
                                X