No announcement yet.

Official new albums thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the wu has reached that point where they should have given up after the W (which was pushing it but was still pretty solid) is wu, 'wu' without ODB anyway?

I find it hard listening to a lot of hiphop nowadays apart from old Ghost and GZA albums, meths still got it, shyeet I haven't listened to his last album in ages since getting it really. They just feel so empty.

Comment

Same as with Bleeders, completely in awe of how good Dillinger Escape Plan's "Ire Works" is. First listen alone was enough to convince me it's one of the musical highlights of the year for me.

Was surprised too, as I was expecting to like the 'pop' songs on the album less, but Milk Lizard totally blew me away.

Comment

Been listening to '8 Diagrams' a lot over the weekend and its really grown on me. The final track featuring Meth and ODB really brings the party vibe, I've got passed the R&B'ness of 'Stick Me For My Riches' and its just a genius song with singing and rapping mixing together perfectly. Enjoying it loads now and Ghost on 'The Heart Gently Weeps' is simply hilarious - "that bitch is craaaazzzzzzy, she brought her baaaaaaabbbbbbyyyyy"! Not too keen on 'Gun Will Go' or 'Life Changes', but overall its a very exciting album once given a chance and the new Wu sound has sunk in...
        Last edited by spagmasterswift; 03-12-2007, 10:09.

Comment

Have you heard that track with the same tune as my heart gently weeps, but by ghost. I think its called 'my guitar'.. thats a better version.

was listening to 8 diagrams on the train, it starts off as a banger then sorta goes to ****

its alright, getting the big doe rehab this weekend probably so I'll check that out too

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            Same as with Bleeders, completely in awe of how good Dillinger Escape Plan's "Ire Works" is. First listen alone was enough to convince me it's one of the musical highlights of the year for me.

Was surprised too, as I was expecting to like the 'pop' songs on the album less, but Milk Lizard totally blew me away.
            I've listened to the album more times than anything else this year, usually twice a day, and whilst it's by far and away my AOTY, my favourite song keeps changing daily.

Yesterday it was '82588', today it's 'Lurch'.

Comment

My housemates are in this band, they're in my top five or so favourite bands of all time personally, and the album is stonkingly good. There are songs to listen to beneath it as well and it's up for pre-order (Valentine's Day release), give them a listen if you like good music! £12, double-12" only.

Comment

Been listening the ex- Suede frontman Brett Anderson's self titled debut album a lot recently and its great. Being a massive fan of Suede i was always going to pick this up but it got put on the back burner until a fortnight ago. (it came out late 07) I really think its some of his best ever work, after hearing the single 'love is dead' i wasnt that keen tbh as it seemed quite weak, it is infact really rather good, a grower. Id say theres only one duff track on the album, track 2, name escapes me at the momment. The rest is brilliant, not really vearing to far away from Suedes trademark sound, as you would expect, but overall its more mellow but not dull, lyricially its very strong with some lovely melodies and orchestrasion (sp) and Bretts voice is sounding great. Well worth getting. 8/10 and just 4.99 @ play.com

Comment

Superabundance - The Young Knives

I got this on Monday and am having trouble stopping listening to it! If you liked their first album I think you will enjoy it as it is extremely good, IMO!

Comment

New NIN album out to download called Ghosts I IV. Its 2 disk instrmentel. You can download the first 9 tracks for free off the NIN site.
                    Its not bad but as a NIN fan its nothing you haven't heard before. Kind of sounds like the regects album of Fragile.

Comment

I can't find a general music thread. Is this one strictly new music?

Comment

This thread is for talking a=about new albums, there is also the thread about what music you have been listening to today and there is also a gig going thread. Certain bands also have their own threads. If you do want to talk about a particular band or music then you can always start a new thread.
                        I think all the threads I have mentioned pretty much covers everything.

Comment

Cold Storage (Tim Wright) of Wipeout fame has released a new album called 'Android Child' to buy on his site. I bought it earlier and love it. There's something very Tangerine Dream about it. If you like electronic music, could be worth checking out.

Comment

Not an album, but Coldplay are releasing their new single Violet Hill for free download on Tuesday.

Get in

Comment

just listening to feeders new album silent cry, must say quite good for 1st listen. no doubt will grow on you like all of feeders stuff
                              academy 3 here we come!!

Comment

Girl Talk's pulling a Radiohead and released the new album for digital download. Not sure it's as good as Night Ripper yet but I enjoyed the first listen through.

Comment

Working...
                                X