No announcement yet.

Official new albums thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought the new Long Blondes album 'Couples' which im loving, got very excited when i heard there new disco era Blondie meets Pulp new direction on the opening track which is just amaze!, sadly the rest of the album dosnt quite match that giddy hights but persiverence with it pays off. Also got 'Puzzle' by Biffy Cylro which rocks hard in a sub Foo Fighters stylee, would i like Biffy's previous albums if i like puzzle?

Comment

My newest purchases are:

Free Kitten : Inherit (great)
      Kaki King : Dreaming of Revenge (very good)
      Ladytron : Velocifero (not as good as their other albums, but OK)
      Stryofoam : 1000 Words (pretty good)

Comment

Bubble post

Comment

Got the new Dirty Pretty Things album, Romance at short notice, at the weekend and its exellent despite what you may have read. I loved the first record, Waterloo to anywhere, but the new record shows some real progression imo.

Comment

Hmmm...

Is nobody else listening to Death Magnetic by Metallica?

It came out early yesterday and I've only had time for a couple of listens, but it's aces! They must have built some sweatshop with hundreds of peasants producing riffs and solos because this album's crammed full of them!

Comment

Oops!
              Last edited by Extra Terrestrial; 01-02-2009, 20:00.

Comment

Man, where are new albums by Daft Punk and Mylo?? A new Gang Starr album'd be nice, too, though Primo outgrew Guru well over a decade ago. Daft Punk still have to make up for 'Human After All', it's nearly four years now, wtf??? And Mylo was flavour of every dance month for yonks and now he's like The Invisible Man. Crazy.

Comment

Got the new Bloc party album yesterday. Intimacy, very much like it. Kellys lyrics seem to be getting worse with every album they release, which combined with there musical experimetation seems to be loosing them a lot a 'fans' who want them to churn out slightly different versions of there debut. I for one applued them for experminting even though it dosnt always work. Proper indie music like the dont really make anymore. Bravo!

Comment

My spellings worse than ever! "Experiminting!" LOL! In my defence i am drunk.

Comment

I've been new one from Eagles of Death Metal. Absolutely fantastic, if you like a bit of rock and roll.
                      Don't Delay, get your Heart On today.

Comment

a new Rodrigo y Gabriela live cd has snuck out, Live In Japan, opening track is a new one and its so intricate its hard to believe its not sped up, simply amazing.

these 2 are wonderful.

Comment

Been listening to the debut from White Lies- to loose my life..
                          really wanted to like it, and i do though not as much as i thought i would so far. The first two tracks 'death' and 'to loose my life' are both superb (both singles you probably have heard?) counjouring up vintage bunnymen and reeks of the 80's sadly imo the rest of the album dosnt hit those dizzy highets, although it shows potential it sounds like embrace go goth! Anyway 7 out of 10 id say, and one of those points is for the none more pretentious all black ps1 style disc.

Comment

New Faithless Ltd Ed just shipped direct! You can listen to the whole lot on myspace.

Comment

Well, it's pretty good. Called "The Dance" for a reason I guess. It's just gagging from some insane remixing.

Comment

Anyone heard Kaiser Chiefs new album? I think it's terrific.

Comment

Working...
                                X