Clear All

Snow Patrol: Final Straw: I cnanae stop listening to this **** ;p

Comment

Interpol - Antics.

Great album. Tracks 2-7 are amazing.

The Thrills - Lets Bottle....

Reasonable, worth a download first.

REM - Around the Sun.

Meh. Electron Blue and Leaving New York are delightful. Rest a dulldom.

Comment

I would also recommend Sage Francis to fans of rap; 'Personal Journals' and 'Sickly Business' both superb albums.

Comment

Black Sabbath - The Best Of

My christ it's actually rather bloody good.

Where have you been all my life. Ozzy!?

Comment

Bought Tenacious D and Rage Against The Machine today

Comment

Today's buys:

The Kills: Keep On Your Mean Side
              Awesome, hypnotic, noisy, angry, class. I've been hearing this album at various mates' houses for the last year, I've finally bought my own copy. It's ace. But I can't help but think, given the lack of activity since, that one of 'em has probably died or summink (that's one of The Kills has died, not one of my mates).

Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade / Cappricio Espagnol
              Underappreciated king of Russian classical music. Won't say any more as I suspect I am alone in my classical tastes, but this was a good buy

Comment

Got new albums from Jimmy Eat World (Futures) and Ghostride (Cobra Sunrise). Both very, very good.

Comment

The Auteurs - After Murder Park ('When you cut your lover's slack, you'll get a ****ing monster back')

Add N to (X) - Avant Hard ('metal fingers in my body')

Comment

Kasabian: 'Kasabian' - Local lads (and I used to work with the brother of the bassist, Chris Edwards) so I just had to buy this one. Not my usual cup of tea but a very enjoyable album anyway, they have a very original sound and I can see them releasing a real classic album very shortly. A promising start for a very young band.

Thin Lizzy: 'Jailbreak' - What can I say? Totally fantastic album, I wouldn't go as far as to say it's Lizzy's best but it's right up there. And it only cost me a fiver! For anyone who wants to get into this band, this is probably the best place to start.

My Chemical Romance: 'Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge' - I don't usually like this kind of music but this album has simply blown me away. There is not a single duff track on this album, I give it my full recommendation to ANYONE, no matter what musical taste you may have.

Comment

Got;

Thirteen Senses: The Invitations; Lovely album. Listening to in non-stop now. Recommend it to all easy music listeners.

22-20s: Okay so far.

The Music: Welcome To The North: Not listened to it much.

The Arcade Fire: Good stuff.

Elliott Smith : From A Basement on The Hill: Beautiful. Get all his albums if you can.
                      Last edited by Sigur; 19-10-2004, 08:09.

Comment

The Icarus Line : Penance Soiree - A very good album. The musicial equivalent of setting off a firework in a small room. Like that firework, The Icarus Line's flavour of acidic post-punk noise rock bangs, fizzes and screeches with uncompromising, incendiary insistence. In another words it sounds great. 7/10

Hope of the States : Lost Riots - I've been meaning to pick this up for sometime (having heard the songs Enemies/Friends somewhere and really liking it) but finally got round to it yesterday. Again, a very good album; the music is well produced and orchestrated with care and precision. The only slight disappointment is the vocalist - the singer clearly cannot sing at all and his efforts somewhat spoil the impact of the music. That the album still manages to shine despite this unfortunate handicap speaks volumes however. 7/10 (loses a point because of the bad vocals)

Comment

Not necesarily brand new releases but new buys from me & recommended are:

Meadowlands - The Wrens

If IRS period REM had decided to make an indie-pop album with the Pixies the result may have something akin to this fantastic record. With dark yet warm textures, the Wrens easily flit from easy going guitar pop (This Boy is Exhausted) to star scraping epics (She Sends Kisses, 13 months in 6 minutes). The vocals are hazy and unclear recalling early Stipe and curiously Snow Patrol but the band have their own sound which is hard to pin down. Intoxicating stuff.

The Invitation - Thirteen Senses

Yet another piano/guitar indie band, but Thirteen Senses bring a little more to the table then the usual Coldplay/Keanisms. Hints of 80s Manchester miserablism and strikingly pure melodies. The vocals lack the power of say Chris Martin but the album is well worth persevering with.

American Idiot - Green Day

By rights this far into their career Green Day should not be making albums of this quality. The title single is a misnomer, its scratch,y razor sharp guitar inflections are not really found elsewhere. However a seam of classic American songwriting is, proving once for all that Time of Your Life was not a one off. Best of all the two ten minute epics (Jesus of Suburbia and Homecoming) are amongst the best material they have ever produced. Mix this a strong ballad or two (Wake me up when September comes) & the odd punky workout (St Jimmy) and you have one of the storngest concept albums I've ever come across.

Comment

I got Mansun's Six album from the missus for our anninversary. I loved Attack of the Grey Lantern but weirdly we haven't bought ought else by them. It's good, really pleased. I can't get enough of Legacy, it's stupidly good (like the video).

'Being a Girl' now do Mansun have cross-gender fixation what with the Vicar in Attack of the Grey Lantern?

Comment

Heard Travis's new album today. compilation of singles and 2 new songs. Both new songs are surprisingly good and the singles - well I like Travis and thus it's a great album

Comment

Originally posted by TheShend

'Being a Girl' now do Mansun have cross-gender fixation what with the Vicar in Attack of the Grey Lantern?
                                Dunno, they never mentioned it elsewhere.

Great song, the single version is a lot of fun, i'm nbot sure why the album version is some drawn out wannabe magnum opus.........still good.

Saw them support Cast circa 1996, they were the better act.

Comment

Working...
                                X