Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a few singles and one album today ;

CD Singles ;

The Strokes "The End Has No End" Loved the song on the album. Classy really but I'd be surprised if I'm in the majority to feel that about it. Backed with a superb version of "Clampdown"

Will Young "Fridays Child" ; Impulse buy. 49p - mainly for the brill version of Outkasts "Hey Ya"

Album ; Verve "This Is Music". I got into the verve around "Lucky Man" cd single (Backed with 2 stunning b-sides), so this was a "Lets seee what I missed" buy.

Wow. What did I miss ?? The whole album is fantastic. Brilliant music and songs - Feel that I shouldn't be surprised but I am. Fantastic.

Comment

Thanks to the wonder of a solo card, I just ordered my first CD online.

Bob Marley - Legend

I don't think i'll be dissapointed. 8)

Comment

Got;

The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow and Oh, Inverted World.

Comment

Got;
          A Perfect Circle - Emotive
          Really good stuff, love their cover of Imagine. It doesnt feel as forced as all the other anti-war stuff the industry is churning out at the moment.

Comment

Whaaaaat the heck. I had no idea about that album AT ALL until I just read what you posted, and after looking it up I am now completely obliged to go buy it, despite being a bit... sceptical about an anti-war concept album thing :<

Comment

fuse, so was I. It seems like every rock band is jumping on the anti-America/war bandwagon and all the stuff blends into one generic pile of crap.

But this album is different, has some really good covers and original tunes and is well worth a listen.

Comment

I'm of the opinion Maynard James Keenan can't put a foot wrong, and I'm sure I'll like the album, just the thought of APC sounding like RATM is a bit... scary :|

Comment

heh, its more Lennon then RATM so dont be too worried...

Comment

It's a good album.

Personal favourite is the last track, 'Fiddle & The Drum'. Maynard acapella; enforces my opinion that he is simply the greatest vocalist performing in modern rock today.
                    Last edited by Bleeders; 03-11-2004, 12:00.

Comment

Got a psy trance album from Astral Projection called 'ten'. It's really high tempo hard trance - ****ing brilliant stuff to listen to when playing Burnout.

Also bought and downloaded some trance tunes, WMA licence management is a pain in the arse though.

Comment

Blonde Redhead- Misery Is A Butterfly, can't stop listening to it.

Pavement- Crooked Rain Crooked Rain (the reissue with extra tracks) totally classic Pavement with ****loads of rare stuff too.

Comment

Matmos : The Civil War - Oh dear. Noodly electronica obstinately fixated with its own navel. These boys produced most of Bjork's last album and are often held up as pioneers in electronica circles for their unusual sample sources and manipulation techniques. And whilst these guys do have their merits (despite being somewhat overrated imo), this album does them no justice whatsoever. Meandering, seemingly improvised tracks that go nowhere and have the nerve to be nearly ten minutes long, lots of quirky sounds and sampling and very little genuinely listenable material. Only one good track on the entire album. Matmos then, certainly not as clever as they seem to think they are. 3/10
                          Last edited by Ady; 12-11-2004, 14:58.

Comment

Last album I got was ?The Very Best of The Beach Boys?. Highly recommended if you like old pop/rock.

Comment

Joanna Newsom - The Milk Eyed Mender

Gorgeous folk-tinged poetry caressed with beautiful harp melodies.
                              She's a classical harpist (as well as other instrument-alist) and it really shows. Her voice could take a bit of getting used to, but it's certainly worth it.
                              I've been listening to her for a while now, but hearing a really good live cover of Bridges & Balloons by Colin Meloy of The Decemberists has reignited my love of this album.
                              If you like the gentler side of indie, I'd encourage to give this a go.
                              There's a video (with audio, natch) available on her label's site:
                              Drag City: making records since the second death of "Paul McCartney," also covered up. In it for the music, hoping you will use it. The power and the poverty, in one good right jab - what's left? Glass houses, people - not to mention glass jaws! A home to bands that actually smells like home - and don't forget, this is the 21st century, you shit where you live! Come for the records, stay for the sinister intimations of inescapable truth in life and business, all half-articulated, of course. You keep getting older, they just stay the same. Home to Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, The Howling Hex, Bill Callahan, Black Bananas, Ty Segall, Six Organs of Admittance, Silver Jews, OM and Joanna Newsom, among many, many, MANY other amazing bands and artists!

Comment

Can't stop listening to Kasabian or The Concretes.

Comment

Working...
                                X