No announcement yet.

Official new albums thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picked up the chems new album (been well slow on this one, usually a new chems album has me going nuts) cant say im that impressed really, every they do recnetly sounds less and less chemicalyl?! picked up the others new one, pretty ****in good, punky!

Comment

Bloc Party album is both excellent and over rated, in my opinion. About four of the tracks are really cool, but the rest doesn't really stand out from other bands at the moment. Not a bad track on the album for sure, but only a couple of quality ones. (track 1-2-3 and 7 i think). They will be massive this year, and I think they deserve it.

I really like some of The Keisa Chiefs (sp?) stuff - Oh My God and a few others are really, really good. I think they'll have an incredible year, possibly up there with Bloc Party.

FutureHeads are ok, Hounds of Love is a fantastic track, and they have another great one which name escapes me. Unfortunately their lyrics are a bit poor, which lets them down quite badly as some lines are very jarring. I think they'll be massive in a few years, maybe on their second album after they gain more experience and inspiration. I've heard Hounds of Love live, and they certainly have bundles of energy to keep the crowed entertained.

The Bravery have been given a lot of hype, particularly because they are from New York and share a few similarities to The Strokes. Well, actually, they are The Strokes. I'm amazed at how similar they can be. Their current song...called...something or rather, is great however. The rest of their stuff is a touch bland, but I've not given it a fair listen yet.

Willy Mason has a few decent tracks out, in particular Oxygen which is just lovely.

Thirteen Senses are a fantastic new band, but although their album has been out for several months, they don't appear to be doing a lot sales wise. Shame really, track one and four are wonderful (into the fire and...the other one. I'm really not very good with track names!).

I dislike Athlete's second album, I feel it is much less bouncy and fun, because of this it is rather bland and unoriginal.

Look forward to what The Doves have to show this year, I like the single quite a bit.

Comment

Just got a copy of the new 'New Order' album, "Waiting for the sirens call"
        Very good if you are an oldie like me who loved them 25 years ago!

A lot of beats similar to the 'Electronic' albums of old, mixed with Hookys awesome guitaring, worth checking out!

Looking forward to the new Moby, and Eels album in the coming months though!

Comment

And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead : Worlds Apart - First and foremost, ToD's last album (Source Tags and Codes) has to be one of my favourite albums in recent memory, an eleven-point rebuttal to anyone convinced modern music (rock music, in particular) has lost its way. Worlds Apart, then is disappointing only by virtue of the weight of expectation. It isn't as good as STAC, but it on its own merit, it is a damn fine album (if more of a grower). It lacks the immediacy of its predecessor but makes up for it by being more experimental. The band mix lots of old tricks with new ones to good effect. Only the mis-step that is 'All White' - a cringeworthy Plink Floyd-a-like (delivered without a hint of irony, no less) lets the album down somewhat (it would've worked better as a hidden track, IMO). Still, Worlds Apart comes highly recommended, resplendent in the volatile, quirky production values and beautiful artwork (mostly by frontman Conrad Keeley) that fans have come to expect from the band. 7/10

Comment

Am loving the Arcade Fire's debut, "Funeral". Is not out over here until the 28th February, I believe, but I picked up a copy on import after reading the hype in the US press. Every bit as good as the hype, this is a magnificent record, which marries Talking Heads style jerky, angular pop to spaced out Flaming Lips/Mercury Rev psychadelia. Everyone should go and buy this as soon as they can. Apparently the UK release may include some extra tracks, too - so no excuses!

Comment

Yeah. Arcade Fire rule. Had the album for ages, listened to it for ages.

They are in the London Union in March 17th I think.

Comment

Yeah, but it's well sold out. They also have a gig a week earlier at King's College which is even more sold out, but which I have tickets to (yay!)
                I've seen a couple of live videos of them - they're absolutely mental. It's going to be a fantastic show!

Comment

Luckily I have tickets then, but can't attend as I have an exam the following day.

Double

Comment

Wanna give em to me?

Comment

Originally posted by superseagulls
                      Looking forward to the new Moby, and Eels album in the coming months though!
                      Not got around to listening to Moby yet but the Eels is pretty good, VERY long, a double album totally 35 (or maybe 37 - can't remember) tracks. You really need to set some time aside to listen to this. Love the 2nd track on CD1 though, I forget its name.

Comment

Not strictly a new record, but new for me this week- Le Tigre by Le Tigre.

Rockin' lezzers. A couple of poo tracks but mainly choons.

Comment

My friend is selling them on eBay. You are more than welcome do bid ;p

Comment

Just got the new Queens of The Stone Age album "Lullabies To Paralyze" through a friend who was sent a promo to review for his college website.

Am pleased to report it is absolutely awesome. Starts off with Mark Lanegan whispering his way through "This Lullaby" and from there is another hypnotic, stoned, groovy collection of songs. Not as rocking as "Songs For The Deaf", but just so cool, creepy and typically Queens.

My particular favourites are "I Never Came" and "Someone's In The Wolf".

When it comes out on 21st March I will still be buying it. It is an album of the year contender already.

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
                              Just got the new Queens of The Stone Age album "Lullabies To Paralyze" through a friend who was sent a promo to review for his college website.

Am pleased to report it is absolutely awesome.
                              i thought it was ****. boring and monotonous, not upto the QOTSA standard. but that's just my opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by muddy
                                i thought it was ****. boring and monotonous, not upto the QOTSA standard. but that's just my opinion...
                                Well that finished THAT conversation then!!!

p.s. - queens rule

Comment

Working...
                                X