Official new albums thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sigur
    Green Day have sucked ever since Dookie. Their new album sounds like it was written by pissed of college politics students.

Oh..American Idiot....*yawn*......
    yeah but their only telling the truth, your kinda right though their latest album is kind of average by their strandards their earlier work was far better, but you can't take it away from them that american idiot album has been a huge success for them, its even surprised me.

Greenday have never sucked, only the tons of copycat bands (blink 182 i'm looking at you) that came after that mostly suck.

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
      got a promo of new 50 Cent album (Massacre) last week, excellent if your into that sort of music, track 7 Candy Store (also his new single) is probably best on the CD,

the line "melt in your mouth not in your hand" springs to mind
      The song is called Candy Shop I think. The album is rubbish, there are only 2 or 3 decent tracks on the album whilst on Get Rich Or Die Tryin there were around 15.

Comment

been listening to the latest roots manuva album. have to say its the best stuff hes done yet, and thats saying something as all his stuff is ace! production is a lot cleaner from run come save me and its all the better for it.

Comment

Kaiser Chiefs album at the moment is pretty decent.

Comment

Been listening to the soundtrack to the movie Mallrats, excellent tracks in there by the likes of weezer, squirtgun, silverchair, and sponge

Comment

Originally posted by Ginza
              Kaiser Chiefs album at the moment is pretty decent.
              to be honest was a bit disspointed with the kaisers. dunno what it was it just didnt amaze me. maybe that was the problem cause after the first two singles i was expecting big things.

Comment

I hate the Kaiser Chiefs. There album is monotonous junk.

I predict a riot....I predict a riot.....*yawn*.....I predict a ....*sleep*

Repeat for 11 songs.

Comment

Just got The Bravery album too. Will be listening to that on my way back from teh Uni.

Comment

Bravery album is pretty pap to. Hope you didn't buy it.

Comment

The Bravery's image is terrible, the music is possibly one of the sickest pop cash ins in a while.

In simple terms it copies 20+ year old music really badly, at least some of the last years rehashed efforts were quite good.

Comment

Steve Vai
                        Real Illusions: Reflections

Decent album, this is coming from someone who isn't a Vai fan. Track #7, 'Lotus Feet', had me saying to myself "Holy ****! That was live!??" at the end.

Check it out if you're unlike me and into widdly guitar stuff.

(Vai did the Bungie intro guitar bit for Halo 2 and most of the guitar samples in-game)

Comment

Head Automatica : Decadence - Picked this up yesterday on the strength of a track I heard playing in some rock club a few weeks ago. It's one of those love-at-first-listen albums for me - and that doesn't happen very often nowadays. Head Automatica is the collaborative project of Glassjaw's frontman and Dan Nakamura (Dan the Automator), who provides beats and cuts on some tracks. His handiwork is instantly recognisable and adds a pleasing balance to what would otherwise be a standard rock record. By and large, the songs are very catchy and listenable (Beating Heart Baby being a personal favourite), and many would make great singles. Decadance is melodic and fun, a perfect party album. 8/10

Comment

Just got a promo of the new Oasis single - Lyla. Its not bad, but not their best by far. Its almost the same song as The Hindu Times, same opening chords anyway... Still a good track mind you, just not unforgetable....Shame.

Comment

Oasis' last 3 albums have been pants, so it will come as no surprise if this album is poor also (in comparison to Definitely Maybe, they'll never recapture that, because they are famous and jaded now).

Comment

Be Here now was thier last album I'd agree, but I always have high hopes, and have had them dashed last few times. Here's hoping... (lol)

Comment

Working...
                                X