Official new albums thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all.

British Sea Power's "Open Season" is the finest indie-pop record this year. Graham Sutton aka Bark Psychosis production is excellent, a lot more expansive than on Delays' record.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
      Steve Vai
      Real Illusions: Reflections

Decent album, this is coming from someone who isn't a Vai fan. Track #7, 'Lotus Feet', had me saying to myself "Holy ****! That was live!??" at the end.

Check it out if you're unlike me and into widdly guitar stuff.

(Vai did the Bungie intro guitar bit for Halo 2 and most of the guitar samples in-game)
      I love this album, it's fantasitc I mean, how does he do it? I couldn't even dream up some of it in my head let alone play it. Absolutley outstanding like whoa!

Comment

Originally posted by Ady
        Head Automatica : Decadence
        I didn't realise this was out. I first noticed them a couple of months ago on mtv2 late at night, 'beating heart baby' being the track in particular. I immediately recognised the front man from glassjaw, but I tried to check with other people, but they'd never heard of glassjaw! Never mind, I trust the album is good from your review, might pick up a copy...based on 'beating heart baby' alone i'd assume it's a bit good for a listen to.

anyway...Tom Vek - We Have Sound....my personal recommendation for the moment. Excellently arranged tracks, guitars with some beats and some raw-edgy sounding vocals, all done by just the man himself.

Comment

Long time no see, Stroppa!

Death From Above 1979 : You Are a Woman, I Am A Machine - Wow. This is everything all the NME-Darlings of the Moment (you know the bands I mean...) were reported to be, but so obviously weren't; raw, edgy, energetic and powerful. This is Rock 'n Roll. With just a bass, drums and a few analogue synth embellisments, Death From Above rock harder than a lot of bands with a more 'complete' setup. So much so, it's almost embarrassing. The album is very short (weighing in at a little over 30 minutes), but that's fine - it would get boring otherwise. Anyway, I'm not even going to bother with wordy, flowery descriptions, all I wil say is GET THIS. Now! 9/10
          Last edited by Ady; 13-04-2005, 14:12. Reason: can't believe i did that...!

Comment

you should get the above album with the bonus disc...just for the remix of romantic rights.

Comment

I did!

Comment

This isn't anything like the ****e garage rock perpertuated by the likes of The White Stripes (sorry, don't like em') is it chaps?

Comment

Do you think I'd buy it if it was?

Comment

if it was like the white stripes it'd be ace!

Comment

it's nothing like the white stripes.

thank god...the key word here is...explosive, like at the drive in explosive, but minus the political sentiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ady
                        Do you think I'd buy it if it was?
                        Good point.

Comment

Heh. anyway, you can make up your own mind here:

It's half way down the page and available for streaming. It obviously sounds quite 'lo-fi' on the stream, but you'll get the general idea...

Comment

Went and bought it and... wow, for the noise these two blokes make, some bands would be hard pushed to rock as hard as this lot do.

Comment

Not new, and completely out of the blue I gave Dannii Minogue's last album NEON NIGHTS a whirl after remembering hearing a great single off it, which was then only played in the remixed w/ Madonna (Holiday?) version.........I listened to the whole thing, and then couldn't resist buying it.

Classy for sure, Roger Sanchez & Frenchie Niemo (sp?) on production, if you like french styled electro pop, you can't go wrong, tracks "On the loop" & "Piece of time" are some of the best hard pop ive heard in years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ady
                                Death From Above 1979 : You Are a Woman, I Am A Machine - Wow. This is everything all the NME-Darlings of the Moment (you know the bands I mean...) were reported to be, but so obviously weren't; raw, edgy, energetic and powerful. This is Rock 'n Roll. With just a bass, drums and a few analogue synth embellisments, Death From Above rock harder than a lot of bands with a more 'complete' setup. So much so, it's almost embarrassing. The album is very short (weighing in at a little over 30 minutes), but that's fine - it would get boring otherwise. Anyway, I'm not even going to bother with wordy, flowery descriptions, all I wil say is GET THIS. Now! 9/10

Yeah, I've been listening to this a lot recently. It's pretty damn good, although I think it could have done with a bit more variety in the sound. There's plenty of musical variation, but the distortion is almost exactly the same on every track. I start to get a bit bored by the last couple of songs. They do rock hard though. 8/10 for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X