Official wrestling thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

incase anyone is interested....

" There is now new speculation that the 30 man Battle Royal scheduled for WrestleMania XXI or Heat may not take place on their shows. According to Dave Scherer of PWInsider the Battle Royal might be taped for the WrestleMania XXI DVD. Nothing is confirmed as of yet."

also, a torrent of the 2005 hall of fame is now avalible on emule's global search!

Comment

I just sat through the whole of heat and not one match came on. All it did was convince me on how terrible this years Wrestlemania is gonna be, although I did get a laugh out of that kid going "If I had to choose between my mom and Wrestlemania, I would definately choose Wrestlemania. Really."

Comment

if anyone's watching it live, please leave some updates/comments!

Comment

Is anyone going to the NEC arena this month to watch RAW and Smackdown?

I wanna go but one housemate's moved out, the others travelling and none of my other friends like wrestling!

Comment

check your PMs btw
            Last edited by Olympichero; 04-04-2005, 19:30.

Comment

please make use of the spoilers tag option for a few days at least

not everyone gets to see it live

Comment

My Opinion on the show, Contains Spoilers:

Wrestlemania was such an anti-climax, There was only two matches I really liked and they where Angle, HBK (Match of the Night) and The Ladder Match (Brilliant use of the ladder from Shelton Benjamin running up it to close-line someone from the top, and Benoit's sick flying headbutt from atop of the ladder busting his 25 stitches above his eye in the process, shame the worst wrestler won it - Edge).

Everything else was a dull as dishwater, Austin segment was utter tripe and completley predictable as was Hogan. Cena Vs JBL and HHH Vs Batista where complete and utter snorefests. Triple H losing 10 gallons of blood does not constitute a good match, how is he even one of the top draws, I'll never know.

Undertaker's entrance and match was poor, though I thought he was actually going to lose in some of the close-calls. Should have known better. Overall very dissapointing, what a waste of ?15.

Last edited by Miguel007; 04-04-2005, 19:20.

Comment

Yep, I thought it was pretty ****. Wasnt intending on watching it, fortunately there was a free webcast on the net (terrible quality though). I missed the first 1.5 matches, only found out about it on the second half of the ladder match. HBK vs Angle was decent, Orton vs Taker was better than I expected though still ****. I didnt see the two championship matches - couldnt be bothered to sit through them, heard they were terrible anyway.

Comment

i liked it tbh, the matches were all of decent quality

Yes taker was going to win
                    The hogan bit was kinda suprising (although i was drunk)
                    But even so, i thought that it was a good ppv

Comment

Stopped up to watch it with the missus and thought it was a good but not great PPV.

EddievRey was pretty good. Rey constantly fidgeting with his mask was really, really annoying though.
                      The ladder match was entertaining. If only Christian would get a push though. Edge does nothing for me.
                      HBKvAngle was good but it felt extremely overlong. Quite chuffed with the winner though. HBK seems to be stuck in a storyline void atm whereas Angle is still doing his bastard thing. So i much prefer angle these days.
                      TakervOrton was a snore fest.Probably the most dissapointing match of the night. You just know Taker will never give up his unbeaten streak.
                      Hogans entrance was pretty good. Daivari is comedy gold though.
                      Showvakebono was good. Im guessing it wasnt a work either so there was an added edge to it. Though a Grand sumo champ versus someone whose never done sumo probably isnt fair.
                      Pipers pit was entertaining. Again another bit of comedy gold is Carlito. Very talented on the mic.
                      JBLvCena was good but not great. I do have a soft spot for the JBL character though cause its nice to have that old style rich bastard heel. Cena annoys me immensly though. People criticise Layfield's wrestling ability but Cena has about as much skill as a push broom. So im annoyed but the missus was rather chuffed.
                      HHHvBatista was at the same level as the above match. Not bad but then not excellent either. Again the missus was happy since shes Batista mad. She even bought the Raw magazine with the batista special in . Guess im second best now.

Anyone reckon theyl do another draft lottery?

Comment

maybe but i doubt they would change it much

just watched it
                        not bad but not great either

angle/micheals was my match of the night just ahead of the ladder match

i fully expected but world champ challengers to win. jbl has been the champion for too long and triple h dosent seem to go 2 months without being the world title holder

the edge contract thing could prove very interesting
                        if he waits long enough we will all forget until they announce it again before next years mania

thought the crowd for the show was tiny compared to madison square garden last year
                        i liked the hogan cameo and the carlito thing was a bonus as i hadnt expected him to be there
                        he has the acting potenteil to be the next rock if he wants

anyway backlash next isnt it? raw or smackdown this year?

Comment

anyone looking forward to ecw - one night stand?

is there a free live stream anywhere?

Comment

Yes i am. I know a few ecw purists arent though i reckon itl be good all the same.
                            Benoit v Eddie should be good. Is it me or has 'the heat' significantly upped his steroid intake recently? The guy looks dangerously juiced.
                            anyone see this on smackdown?

Looks like haas forgot he wasnt Paul London. Too much time hanging around with bob holly has probably sent him mental. He was fine btw. Which was more than could be said for val venis who was downed for a few minutes after his match with Chris Masters. It could have been an elaborate work i guess but the likelyhood of val getting a storyline push are pretty slim. Weird that he was once the IC champion.

Comment

ha.

i was half watching smackdown on my pc on friday and missed the matt morgan incident. I'm pretty shocked by that!

yeah i thought the same about eddie, but it seems like its happened overnight!

i'll be downloading a torrent of the ecw event around 12pm tomorrow, but since i stay up till 6am most days, im badly pissed off i cant watch it live! (even if it is ****)

Comment

I have long since thought Guerrero has been on the 'roids, back to around a year after his WWF/E debut. Thankfully, it hasn't affected him too adversely and he is one of the better, more consistent performers - but the episode backstage with Angle, the bodged moves at Wrestlemania, and the slightly manic demeanour about the bloke worries me, as he is someone I have always loved watch perform, right back to when he tagged with Love Machine (watch the When Worlds Collide PPV for prime proof of how awesome those two were).

Anyone seen the ECW PPV yet? I won't get my copy until friday, but am looking forward to it. It is a shame Vince didn't let RVD, Dreamer and Heyman have total control of that one. I hope it isn't ruined by any run-ins from current WWE stars, and that some of the older guys can still work. The rival Shane Douglas-booked event is one for the true ECW fans - but the rematch of the classic The Night The Line Was Crossed main event is potentially disasterous, what with Douglas not having worked a good match for around eight years, Terry Funk barely able to stand and Sabu - well, didn't he almost die recently? Always good to see Sandman. Shambolic worker at times, but pure entertainment. And the best ring entrance of all time, no question.

Comment

Working...
                                X