No announcement yet.

Official wrestling thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think he's referring to the suicide bit, suicide is often seen as a cowardly way out (although I don't quite agree personally)

I'm not going to disregard anything did formally, I've made quite the separation in my head between benoit the wrestler and the nut job who killed his family. Maybe it's just my brains way of coping I dunno...

Comment

Ah yes, you're right. My mistake there. I misread the words. Yeah, I wouldn't see it as cowardly either but I wouldn't say it matters either way. If you're going down that road, being brave or cowardly probably doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

This may sound odd but I think it was better to end this way then him be alive at the end of it and have the whole OJ trial circus, no matter what the outcome would be.

Comment

I was indeed referring to his suicide. I can however see why people wouldn't think he was a coward after slaughtering his family, then topping himself, rather than facing the judge.

Comment

Think about that a little, Jimmie. It's not like owning up to nicking a grape from Tescos. The guy slaughtered his wife and kid. Not facing the judge really doesn't matter a damn.

Comment

I think justice comes into it, I'd like to believe he realized the horrific nature of his actions and the only way to balance this was to take his own life.

it all depends on peoples perspectives, P.O.Vs etc.

Comment

Originally posted by FreelancePolice View Post
              it all depends on peoples perspectives, P.O.Vs etc.
              That's very true.

I just think the act of murdering one's wife and child is a tad cowardly. But at least he was a good enough man to kill himself afterwards, bless.
              That is rather black and white though, the guy obviously had troubles, I wonder how much of these trouble were bought on by the business. I think something needs to be done about their tour schedules, their "Wellness Policy's", and the general shape they are expected to be in.
              It makes you wonder who the next one to go will be, I certainly didn't think Benoit would be one to go so young.

Comment

Lots of weirdness and nasty details coming out from what I've read today. According to the police the bruises etc. on the son indicate that he was put in some kind of sleeper hold like grip and chocked to death. The wife had bruises consistent with someone kneeing them in the back while strangling them with a cord or rope Awful ways to go, really gruesome, seems more like something out of a gritty horror film than real life.

There are some conspiracy theories going around too. Apparently the Chris Benoit Wikipedia page was edited by someone who stated that his wife was dead... around 12-14 hours before the police went to the house and discovered the bodies and announced that they were dead. And the IP address of the person doing the editing was from Stamford CT, where WWE HQ is Of course the IP could easily be faked, but it's very weird that someone would post about the wife being dead hours before she turns up murdered.

Comment

Someone emailed me this from some news site or other:

EX-WORLD wrestling champ Chris Benoit was giving human-growth hormone to his son of seven just before he killed him, it was claimed yesterday.
                  US prosecutor Scott Ballard alleges needle marks found on Daniel Benoit's arms were from hormone injections given to boost his height.
                  Mr Ballard claims his parents thought the boy was too small.

Comment

His son had Fragile X syndrome apparently.
                    Last edited by Big Seany; 29-06-2007, 08:54.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post

There are some conspiracy theories going around too. Apparently the Chris Benoit Wikipedia page was edited by someone who stated that his wife was dead... around 12-14 hours before the police went to the house and discovered the bodies and announced that they were dead. And the IP address of the person doing the editing was from Stamford CT, where WWE HQ is Of course the IP could easily be faked, but it's very weird that someone would post about the wife being dead hours before she turns up murdered.
                      Macabre stuff indeed. Just read this.

source: PWInsider.com

Fox News is reporting that an anonymous user out of Stamford, CT edited Chris Benoit's entry on Wikipedia to feature the comments, "However, Chris Benoit was replaced by Johnny Nitro for the ECW Championship match at Vengeance, as Benoit was not there due to personal issues, stemming from the death of his wife Nancy." The comments led to Wikipedia volunteers contacting Fayetteville, Georgia authorities.

However, the I.P. address in question also made a series of other edits to different entries, including former WWE Diva Stacy Keibler, WWE star Chavo Guerrero, NBA player Ron Artest and the HBO series The Sopranos. Many of the edits were misspelled or explicit in nature, leading one to believe that the postings were made by a hoaxer. You can read this person's past edits here.

Even though the IP address is being traced back to Stamford, CT, it's also entirely conceivable that the user was concealing his true IP address. One person who knows a lot about internet technology said, "They have software out there that you install on your computer that will change your IP address and location or origin that people will see on the Internet. IP spoofing is a little more technical so with this user, based on the grammar, looks to be someone young using a software program of that nature."

More than likely, this person made a wild guess regarding the Benoit situation at the time, and this person turned out to be right.

Comment

What is Fragile X syndrome? Sounds like some sort of really cool Japanese Manga illness. Oh and Jim sorry for editing your post, I did that by mistake instead of quoting it. A'int done anything wrong so don't anyone think I have modzzorated him.

Comment

Wiki Link HERE.

Fragile X syndrome is a syndrome of X-linked mental retardation. Boys with the syndrome may have large testes (macroorchidism), prognathism, hypotonia and autism, and a characteristic but variable face with large ears, long face, high-arched palate, and malocclusion. Additional abnormalities may include lordosis, heart defect, pectus excavatum, flat feet, shortening of the tubular bones of the hands, and joint laxity.

It could explain why he gave the child growth drugs and such like.

Comment

Ahh. I did think he had a bit of a large forehead. Poor little bugger - has to live with all those problems and then gets murdered by his old man. Never even got to try out his giant love spuds.

Comment

Been some great sensationalist reporting on this in the states. Read a transcript of an interview Bill O'Reilly did on Fox News with Geraldo Rivera that was full of inaccuracies that was being taken very seriously.

Rivera basically tried to link the death of Sherri Martel to the death of Nancy Benoit, claiming that they both died on the 15th of June... when Benoits death was actually the weekend after, the 22nd! The dilligent Fox News interviewer failed to spot that very slight mistake though

He then tried to link them together further by saying that Nancy Benoit's ex husband (Kevin Sullivan) used to be Sherri Martel's booker (he was everyone's booker who worked for WCW when he was head writer!) and that somehow proves there's a link between their "same day" deaths

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
                                Ahh. I did think he had a bit of a large forehead. Poor little bugger - has to live with all those problems and then gets murdered by his old man. Never even got to try out his giant love spuds.
                                LMAO......... Seany your way with words never fails to make me chuckle........ ahem.....

Comment

Working...
                                X