No announcement yet.

Official wrestling thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno how any opponent could make Steiner falling off the apron when attempting a double axe handle look good.

I'd be very surprised if Brock stepped into a WWE ring anytime soon, he's supposedly looking to get into MMA at the moment anyway.

Comment

Complete wrestling no-nothing here,hello!
      I'm really interested in getting the best dvds of the classic WWF bouts.
      However the choice available in quite daunting.
      Could one of you learned scholars please provide me with a top 5 list perhaps?
      Many thanks
      Analog dog

Comment

Originally posted by analog dog
        Complete wrestling no-nothing here,hello!
        I'm really interested in getting the best dvds of the classic WWF bouts.
        However the choice available in quite daunting.
        Could one of you learned scholars please provide me with a top 5 list perhaps?
        Many thanks
        Analog dog
        If you just want WWE/F stuff, then personally if I was going to pick five purchases then they would be:

1) The most recent Best Of Shawn Michaels DVD. Some terrific matches on there, like the Hell in A Cell vs Undertaker, and the ladder match with Razor from Wrestlemania
        2) King of The Ring 98 - features Mick Foley's infamous match with the Undertaker, breathtaking
        3) Wrestlemania X-7 - one of the best WWF Pay Per Views ever, nuff said
        4) Survivor Series - Deadly Game - a thrilling tounament with a nice twist
        5) In Your House: Canadian Stampede - the best PPV of the Bret Hart era

On top of this, i would also recommend the Chris benoit, Foley and Bret Hart best ofs.

Comment

Used to watch wrestling years ago

Dont as much anymore but there are a few things i would like to see for nostalgia if people could tell me if there out on dvd

1.The debut of the undertaker
          2.The match between hogan and zeus (and hogan and ultimate warrior)

Comment

If I'm wrong about these I'm sure someone will correct me

1. That was at Survivor Series 1990, which you can get in a 2 DVD set along with Surv Series 1989.

2. Hogan and Ultimate Warrior is Wrestlemania 6. Zues and Hogan were involved in a tag at Summerslam 89, and I think they had a cage match at some point but can't remember when that was.

Comment

You could get Tombstone: The History of the Undertaker.

Essentially just a compilation of matches and a real waste of opportunity as they could and should have made a FANTASTIC documentary.

But it has the matches that matter - debut, hell in a cells, casket with yokozuna...

Comment

nice one chaps,thanks for the info!
                (anywhere doing this stuff cheap? trundles off to ebay....)

Comment

Not exactly cheap but they are the manufacturers of WWE and now ECW DVDs.

Comment

Call me a sicko and all that, but does anyone have links to botched spots/wrestling injuries? I STILL haven't seen Brock Lesnar's botched shooting star press against Kurt Angle, or Psycho Sid buggering his leg that people always talk about for example...

Comment

Originally posted by Oh_Mutants
                      Call me a sicko and all that, but does anyone have links to botched spots/wrestling injuries? I STILL haven't seen Brock Lesnar's botched shooting star press against Kurt Angle, or Psycho Sid buggering his leg that people always talk about for example...
                      Not great quality,but you get the picture.

Youtube is your friend http://youtube.com/results?search=br...levance&page=3

Comment

So who's watching CrapLash?

Comment

Depends if it's PPV or not, I'm certainly not paying for it.

Comment

on sky sports one by the looks of it

Comment

Despite the fact that I haven't found WWE to be that good since 2002 onwards, I always end up watching the PPVs, so this'll be the same Don't like paying for 'em though, so I'm glad it's a free one tonight.

Comment

So what did y'all think of backlash?

Comment

Working...
                                X