No announcement yet.

Last night's Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not only is is forced and annoying and heavily scripted and not funny but it goes on for about 15mins, a quarter of the prog !

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
      Did I miss Ferrari, Porsche, Bugatti etc... going out of business? Whats with all these old/mundane cars?

The transformation into Fifth Gear is almost complete.
      A lot of people criticise that they don't show any 'real' cars. Guess it's hard to get a balance on the show. I'm with you though Chris and would rather see a show load of dream cars.

I hate the sharp intake of breath that Clarkson does in between each sentence too, drives me mad, why's he started doing that this series?

Comment

That Mercedes Estate certainly had some poke, 6.2 litre, got to be ten miles to the gallon eh. Like the way the boot floor extended out.

Enjoyed last nights show, even the interview with Laurence D........

Comment

Well, for me at least, it's always been that Fifth Gear has shown the latest family cars, compared the likes of the RAV4, the Astra and even the Civic etc.. to their rivals. The sort of stuff your average family might be intersted in.

Top Gear, on the other hand, did always used to be about the dream cars and the sorts of vehicles that most people will never even see, let alone drive. But now they're looking at 2 year old Alfa's and Civic Type-R's. What gives?

Pulling Power doesn't even figure on my car show radar

Comment

They should get some interesting cars around the test track, e.g. Radical or a sorted Caterham. And that 500bhp raceprepped VW camper van. Although these would make the super cars look silly.

Comment

You mean like the Caparo last week Charles?

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post

I hate the sharp intake of breath that Clarkson does in between each sentence too, drives me mad, why's he started doing that this series?
                The result of years of smoking cancer sticks perhaps...?

Comment

You mean like the Caparo last week Charles?
                  Was he serious about the "it must be able to go over a speed hump" reason for it not going on the leaderboard? They just put some speed humps up by the McDonalds near me that NO Lambo would get over.

Comment

I noticed that on this weeks episode and it was annoying, but I put it down to him suffering from Bird Flu

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                      Was he serious about the "it must be able to go over a speed hump" reason for it not going on the leaderboard? They just put some speed humps up by the McDonalds near me that NO Lambo would get over.
                      Yes he was, it's there only rule really. Know what you mean about the big killer humps though but it's kinda obvious that a car like the T1 or a Radical say with only 40mm clearance wouldn't get over any hump so you couldn't really class them as road cars!

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
                      I noticed that on this weeks episode and it was annoying, but I put it down to him suffering from Bird Flu
                      He's done it every episode this series, I HATE it.

Comment

A retro type Best of British episode tonight

Comment

Really enjoyed tonights episode, one of the better ones

Comment

yeah same here, was absolutely gutting myself at the part where the filled the cars with water! And at Jeremys doors falling off!

Comment

I enjoyed the old British cars challenge, but the neverending, unjustified love for Aston Martins is beyond annoying. He spends the whole feature talking about how it's less attractive and less powerful than its predecessor, then caps it off with the absolute joke that they are charging an extra £50,000 for it! But, of course, when he remembers it's an Aston Martin, suddenly it's the best car ever and great value too..

Comment

Well at least they've moved up from Ford Fiesta/Mazda 121 switchgear, apparently it's now Volvo sourced.

John

Comment

Working...
                                X