No announcement yet.

Last night's Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greathopper - if you can't see the beauty in a well-designed piece of engineering, then I'd definitely agree that the programme isn't for you. It doesn't mean you're right, however. As Clarkson has ably demonstrated on other programmes (Machines that changed the world, Brunel stuff etc), it's this that he loves about great cars, not just their assistance in unlawful activities.

Comment

Originally posted by michael
      ... The Stig (does anyone actually know who he is then?)...
      Perry McCarthy - google him for history etc. Touring cars mainly I think.

Comment

4wd

I am an engineer, I work for an environmental controls company so I suppose I am a bit anti large car...
        I work in the city of London and travel on bike by choice and spend most days dodging off road 4WD vehicles....

Originally posted by mid
        Greathopper - if you can't see the beauty in a well-designed piece of engineering, then I'd definitely agree that the programme isn't for you. It doesn't mean you're right, however. As Clarkson has ably demonstrated on other programmes (Machines that changed the world, Brunel stuff etc), it's this that he loves about great cars, not just their assistance in unlawful activities.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent L
          Perry McCarthy
          Flat Out Flat Broke is a great read if anyone is interested in reading about Perry's attempts to get into Formula 1 with no budget.

Comment

anyone see Sunday nights "special episode" half a dozen celebs and 4 different race/contests, shame no JK, but the "two up" racing was great and car pinball certainly has prospects .....

But you just knew Clarkson & Jodie Kidd would win. Roll on the next series.

Comment

Yeah - that did make a good programme on it's own but I am starting to get a bit bored of all the 'best of' now as I've already seen most of it.

Any idea when the new series starts? All I can find is this:

You are invited to come hang out with Jeremy Clarkson, and the entire Top Gear Team as they take an entertaining side swipe at the world of cars for this very special series recorded exclusively for The Discovery Channel USA.
              Which is being filmed next week but I don't have Discovery USA

Comment

The celeb special had Tiff Needel driving one of the double decker cars. Doesn't he work for 5th Gear on channel 5?

Comment

he does yeah, think new Series starts on BBC2 in April.

Comment

New series confirmed for the 22nd may now.

Did anyone see fifth gear last night? That Frank Mountain guy has too much money! Who would take a half million pound car round a track in the snow? Served him right to crash it though.

Comment

excellent opening episode last night, pees all over 5th Gear imo.

CLS Merc looks amazing in the flesh, local independent BMW dealer has had one for a fortnight, dunno eactly which version but looks and goes superbly.

Its repeated on BBC2 on Tues night (7pm ?) if anyone missed it.

Comment

The best show on the Beeb, in my opinion. When they said they would be back in the spring I thought, great, March early April. Late bloody May. Oh how I have missed that show.

Comment

Thanks David - I really enjoyed what I saw, but I missed everything between the start of the car football thing and halfway through the review of the Range Rover Mini as my son decided to wake up and scream the place down...

Comment

Couldn't believe the Toyota football. That must have been one expensive match (I'm guessing Toyota payed to get the marketing/advertising of the car) and then they said at the end of the article "buy the citroen one instead." A big to toyota there then.

The bit at the beginning showing what's coming up this season looked cool too.

Comment

I want to play football with someone elses car

who wants to lend me theirs?

Comment

Argh missed it - is it being repeated?

Comment

Working...
                                X