No announcement yet.

Last night's Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That show is pretty close to televisual perfection. Shame this quiz show on now isn't up to much.

Comment

Caught most of it, missed the begining, mini ski jumping \o/

That and the Stig with literally balls of steel!

Comment

Originally posted by oracle
        Caught most of it, missed the begining, mini ski jumping \o/

That and the Stig with literally balls of steel!
        That was madness, his landing looked a little ropy aswell reckon he might of had to have a change of pants after that.

The mini was pure genius

Comment

It was a great episode for number of reasons, Stig was amazing, "Hammond filling Paul O'Grady's slot" was well dropped in. Roll on the new series.

Comment

agreed, spring can't come quick enough.

I don't know why, but i have a sneaking suspicion that it wasn't the stig, just a gut feeling i've got

Comment

Ever since it stopped being Perry McCarthy (the original black Stig), they've taken to drafting in the odd guest Stig as and when required (certainly when they had the McMerc he was really the owner, and the Renault F1 car was driven by the team's test driver). I'd imagine this was one of those times as well, yes.
              Last edited by mid; 13-02-2006, 13:28.

Comment

In case anyone missed it you can watch the entire episode from the bbc's Top Gear website.

Comment

Originally posted by mid
                  Ever since it stopped being Perry McCarthy (the original black Stig), they've taken to drafting in the odd guest Stig as and when required (certainly when they had the McMerc he was really the owner, and the Renault F1 car was driven by the team's test driver). I'd imagine this was one of those times as well, yes.
                  i had no idea it wasn't just the one person anymore, knowing that kind of takes something away from the lap times, same track same driver different car each week = fair lap times. if you get my meaning, anyway thinking about it it doesn't really bother me that much.

Comment

Oh, they try their best for it to be the same (mystery) person each week. It's just a semi-open secret that the guy who owned one of the first McMercs in the country wouldn't let anyone else thrash it around the TG circuit, and Renault weren't going to let just anyone in their F1 car, either. I thought it pretty impressive that Nick Mason was prepared to let the real Stig do that to his Enzo, though. Which they nearly wouldn't have been able to do; if memory serves, the original plan was that they were using the one from the same guy who brought his McMerc along, but it had a nasty accident the day before and was in no fit state to go anywhere.

Comment

i get your meaning. mind you if i had my own supercar i'd be more inclined to let a qualified race driver take it around for a power lap than myself, but then again im not even a qualified driver yet so i guess my thinking would be different if i were

Comment

Just got round to watching it there, great episode. Really class, cant wait for new series.

Every single thing they done was brilliant fun. And the end credits had everyone named as 'Bjorn Clarskon, Bjorn Hammond etc'

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco
                          Every single thing they done was brilliant fun. And the end credits had everyone named as 'Bjorn Clarskon, Bjorn Hammond etc'
                          How did I not notice?

Definitely losing my edge, guess its time to find myself a tibetan monastry and get some serious medition going on or maybe eat more fish.

Comment

You didnt see it?

Did anyone? Or do you lot just switch the TV off as soon as they stop talking?

When is this back anyway? April yeh? I love Top Gear.

Comment

Aye I saw it, every person was Bjorn

James May trying to paint the line across the ski jump was the funniest thing, though. I almost died.

Comment

Is there a repeat of this on anytime soon ?

Comment

Working...
                                X