Xmas TV: Crap? :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
    The Turn of the Screw is good so far. Michelle Dockery is very beautiful and talented.
    She'd get it.

Quite enjoyed a good old ghost story.

Comment

mega shark vs giant octopus is on again on the sci fi channel. can watch it at the beginning at 10pm on sci fi + 1 (c205 i think)

Comment

I think the channels have really lost it this festive season.

BBC 2 has just had half a schedule, with the other half made up of exatly the same again.

I'm sure ITV made their festive schedule by cutting up bits of paper with lots of old shows written on them, then throwing them at a calander of December and seeing where they landed.

As for Channel 4, entire afternoons of Come Dine With Me (all of which have been shown AS REPEATS over the last three months, does not make a good festive afternoon line up.

BBC 1 has been the best by default, but thats not saying much.

Finally to add insult to injury the dependable staple of the Christmas week line up (The Worlds Stronglest Man Contest), has been moved to Bravo. This in itself is a shame, but all they have shown so far is the qualifiers, and they are not showing the "proper" bit (the finals) until next week. What a missed chance for them to net some extra ratings.

At least we have the darts starting on the BBC tomorrow, as well as a 2pm showing of Spirited Away on BBC2

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
          As for Channel 4, entire afternoons of Come Dine With Me (all of which have been shown AS REPEATS over the last three months, does not make a good festive afternoon line up.
          Well, y'know, if you haven't seen any of those repeats before, there's nowt wrong with a few hours spent in the company of CDWM...

Finally to add insult to injury the dependable staple of the Christmas week line up (The Worlds Stronglest Man Contest), has been moved to Bravo.
          Yes, that IS a great tragedy. I've grown up with World's Strongest Man over Xmas for MANY years, I assumed it'd be on the BBC 'til the day the earth has its last rotation, yet I was unsettled when Five got hold of it, and promptly tossed it like a hot potato to Bravo (who I can't even watch because I only have digital!!!) How **** is that??!

The main, consistent part of my 'Christmas' has ALWAYS been The World's Strongest Man, and now it's gone off into the realms of fckin' nowhere. I was - and AM - super-gutted.

I barely watch the beeb these days - save for an occasional Jonathan Ross if I'm not working, The Apprentice on iPlayer, and I pay the license fee, it's heavy and unfair because I watch so little BBC, then they take my ultimate Xmas Secret Weapon away. I could kill, right now.

Comment

At least we have the darts starting on the BBC tomorrow...
            I cursed it. Colin *@!$*@ Murray?!?!?! What on earth??? I HATE him

Comment

I "watched" the last 20 minutes of Triffids episode 1 and couldn't get my head around Eddie Izzard being a baddy.

That and everyone in it acted like it was a primary school play. Shocking, truly shocking.

The SFX too were weak especially when you compare it to US shows which have spoiled me with their better CG and sets etc...

Comment

for any of you lamenting that festive tradition of World's Strongest Man not being on xmas or new year tv for the first time in living memory its showing on Monday on Bravo, they are going for a weekly show though for 6wks or so which means it will be Feb until the person who managed to get by the roid testers is crowned.

just nto been chrimbo without WSM.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  I "watched" the last 20 minutes of Triffids episode 1 and couldn't get my head around Eddie Izzard being a baddy.

That and everyone in it acted like it was a primary school play. Shocking, truly shocking.

The SFX too were weak especially when you compare it to US shows which have spoiled me with their better CG and sets etc...
                  Its one of the worst dramas ive seen this year. And like all BBC productions, it completly misses the point. Why rewrite a modern classic? Do they think that they can do better, or do they have to dumb it down for the general public? God i hate the BBC, we have to pay for that **** too! I can feel a rant building...

Comment

Working...
                  X