Xmas TV: Crap? :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's probably aged quite badly now.

Speaking of The Walking Dead, they're turning that into a TV series. Hopefully they won't fup it up.

Comment

Home Alone always gets me in the Christmas spirit. It's on Sky Family right now! Awesome!

Comment

Best thing on terrestrial tonight is a re-run of Dad's Army. And Over the Hedge made me realise how over-exposed animated movies are.

Comment

I really enjoyed that. Thought it was one of the best non-pixar cgi flicks.

Comment

Only things I'm looking forward to is a documentary about Steve Coogan, and some re-runs of I'm Alan Partridge and The Young Ones. There is nothing else on that I am even remotely interested in.

I noticed they showed that weak-ass Narnia film this afty. That Liam Neeson-voiced Aslan, how pitifully, scabbily predictable. Awful film.

Comment

It has been a bit run of the mill so far today.

Comment

I though the Royle Family was brilliant today; shame about everything else.

Comment

There is a horribile trend this Christmas on the "main" channels for repeating things the next day or a couple of days later (with BBC2 the worst offender. Very lazy and with every channel having at least a couple of digital offshoots there is no need for it.

Comment

Maybe they're (very wrongly) assuming that no-one watches TV over Christmas. There has been sweet f.a. on most of the channels this year. I bet it carries on till new year too.

Comment

For lovers of cheesy crap with access to sky, Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus is on the sci-fi channel at 11.20 tonight!

Comment

I didn't realise that was on until it was too late, been wanting to see it for ages.

Comment

I don't know if it was my tiredness, or other stuff on other channels at the same time distracting me, but I just couldn't get into it at all. It seemed pretty awful in every department.

Comment

Yeah, the trailer makes it look comically bad and therefore worth watching. Unfortunately the rest of the film not shown in the trailer is just awful, plain and simple :\

Comment

That's exactly right.

You spend ages waiting for the OTT effects sequences, enduring banal dialogue and weak acting, then when they arrive they're filmed in a dreadful shakycam/blurred out-of-focus style that makes them annoying, rather than cheaply endearing. tbh an in-focus man in a rubber suit would have made the film ten times more enjoyable.

Comment

Rather annoyingly, the only thing I wanted to see was The Gruffalo, and our Sky+ has failed me, twice.

The rest of it has been utter tripe, and it's rather sad that the best TV has been on G.O.L.D. watching Only Fools and Horses Christmas specials, which still made me laugh so many years later.

The Steve Coogan documentary was fun, but I'm sure it's been on before...can anyone confirm?

Comment

Working...
                                X