No announcement yet.

Xmas TV: Crap? :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Presumably, the BBC is where it's at this xmas for the decent stuff. Maybe Channel 4, too. ITV will probably be ****e again.

Comment

What is on everyone's TV list this year; the folks will be watching Gavin & Stacey (Can't stand it personally), apart from The Royle Family I don't know of anything else I'm looking forward to.

Is there any good stuff on this year?

Comment

I have no idea what's on. I'm going to go through everything on Thursday night and add it to Sky+ - I'll watch it at the folks on Friday but probably not remember any of it.

Gavin and Stacey and The Royle Family are musts though.

Comment

That Disney Pixar short "Landing Prep" is pretty good. Shrek the Halls I wasn't so taken with. Watching "A Muppet Letter to Santa" later I think.

Comment

Jingle all the way has been on so the TV this xmas has already been awesome.

And Gremlins....what more do people want!

Comment

Gremlins was on last night, as was Big Trouble In Little China.

*searches for the Blu-Ray versions*

Comment

The only thing I really want to see is [dalek voice]the DOC-TOR!![/dalek voice]

Comment

I've been impressed with Sky's Christmas movie channel.

Each day has had a different theme. There was a Hitchcock day and a Brit movie day (Italian Job, for example).

Today is cgi kids' film day (Kung-Fu Panda, Igor etc.).

It's a nice extra option even though I'm only off work for the Bank Holidays.

Comment

I watched some movie called 'Family Man' the other day with Cage being a PLAYER, but then meets Don ****ing Cheadle who instead of playing his usual roll of 'movie wrecker' he's switched it up to a 'life wrecker' and puts Cage into some sort of alternate reality where he has a family, **** job and no hoes in fishnet stockings knocking on his door any more. Then when Cage starts to get beaten down by the mediocrity of this new existence Don puts him back in his old life. Cage's mind is well messed up by the end of the movie and I had no idea what the hell was going on. Did the children and dog die? What happened Ari Gold? Way to confusing for a Christmas movie.

Comment

I plan on watching Die Hard 1 & 2 on Xmas day. The ultimate Xmas movies!!

Comment

Never mind, the Day of the Triffids remake is on soon...

Comment

Hmmm... I'm not sure about Day of the Triffids.

I'm a sucker for a bit of post-apocalypse action, but I've made the mistake of recently reading the book and fallen into the trap of thinking their plot jiggery-pokery is a little unnecessary.

The book has the protagonist just surviving the aftermath of a comet blinding everybody who saw it and Triffids increasing now they're unchecked.

The telly series seems to complicate things with an evil Wesker-style Dad in the mix:
                          The world is struck blind by a solar storm, and millions of man-eating mobile plants are released to roam Britain. As an expert on the Triffids, Bill Masen knows that salvation rests in the hands of the father he hates, who mutated the Triffids in the first place to produce a green source of oil that the world craves.
                          I'll still be watching it and lapping it up like I did with The Last Train and Survivors.

I should start a post-apocalypse movie thread as I love, Day of the Dead, The Omega Man, 28 Days Later, The Stand, The Quiet Earth and so on.
                          Last edited by QualityChimp; 24-12-2009, 08:39.

Comment

Had a quick look at the TV listings for tonight, and it doesn't look good.

Comment

Survivors is coming back in January.
                              Last edited by Spatial; 24-12-2009, 12:02.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                I should start a post-apocalypse movie thread as I love, Day of the Dead, The Omega Man, 28 Days Later, The Stand, The Quiet Earth and so on.
                                That would be great. One of my favourite genres. The Walking Dead comics do it the best.

Is the original Survivors series any good? I enjoyed the remake but it was a bit far fetched and quickly paced.

Comment

Working...
                                X