Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V For Vendetta & Watchmen Movie Thread (mostly Watchmen now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this last night. Wossy was right on the money. Terrible.

Comment

I don't think I can handle both this and Ultraviolet sucking the big one

Comment

Surely you're used to adaptations of Alan Moore stuff sucking like a Hull slapper on a Friday night at Ritzy's?

Comment

The treatment that Miller's Sin City got had filled me with hope that we had rounded that particular corner.

Comment

Nein, my boy. Although there were plenty of people that hated Sin City (mostly peeps who were ignorant of/disliked the graphic novels, admittedly).

The crucial difference here is that Sin City had Frank Miller on board: Alan Moore has washed his hands of being involved in any adaptations of his works...

Comment

I know several people who hated Sin City myself.

The big clue is that none of them liked the comic, either.

Comment

I'm looking forward to V. Ordered myself a copy of the graphic novel, I recall reading it in my stoodent days but can't recall that much about it.

I've seen mixed reviews so far - some like it, some hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                  I'm looking forward to V. Ordered myself a copy of the graphic novel, I recall reading it in my stoodent days but can't recall that much about it.

I've seen mixed reviews so far - some like it, some hate it.
                  should be getting the graphic novel this week

Ordered it of amazon.com last week.I have seen some very mixed reviews for the film

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                    Careful, you might become an ANARCHIST!

Comment

Originally posted by rossman
                      Saw this last night. Wossy was right on the money. Terrible.
                      NOOOOO i refuse to belive that the biggest most pretentious prick in Britain was right about something. Im still looking forward to V prolly gonna see it tomorrow.

Comment

I'd save your cash and go see The Proposition instead, or just chuck a tenner off a bridge and save yourself 2 hrs of tedium.

Comment

I saw this tonight and I'd disagree, apart from V's dodgy entrance with his needless over use of alliteration I really enjoyed this. I haven't read the comic/graphic novel so I have no attachment to Alan Moore's work and watched the film with no preconceptions, I can only assume Ross' dissapointment was a result of certain liberties being taken with the source material.

I suspect this will be a film that people will really like or really hate, if anything it's made me want to go and read the original graphic novel and I suspect a number of others will as well after seeing it which kind of makes Moore's disowning of the film seem rather silly.

Comment

I went and watched this (with no knowledge of the comic sadly) and found it very entertaining. I dare say it's been simplified greatly and had its teeth pulled out but I got my six quids-worth regardless.

Don't expect any surprises from the treatment of the English though - everyone is either a cockney, gav-nor, or comes from Cornwaaaaaal, but at least they used an actual gay English fop to play the gay English fop stereotype.

Comment

Read the review for this in the Guardian yesterday.
                              It doesn't fill me with hope.

Comment

I just saw this today, without any particular knowledge of the graphic novel, and absolutely loved it. A superb and punchy plot, very well delivered, great characters and design, and some very nice performances. I really thought it was stunning, and I honestly am at a loss as to why some on here really didn't like it. What didn't you like?

Comment

Working...
                                X