Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V For Vendetta & Watchmen Movie Thread (mostly Watchmen now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You speak the truth man, good to hear a fans reaction to these pics, I'm with 100 %

Comment

wow nice, i was watching this avidly on IMDB but i just these pics here first. All the characters while a bit modernized look really true to there comic counterparts, the actors they chose look the part too. im really excited to see more of this now.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how (if?) they fit the back story into this without using too much exposition, flashbacks etc etc. Many events in the main comic draw their significance from all the extra bits in between episodes like the newspaper cuttings, biography excerpts etc. I guess they'll probably leave most of it out and make it a straight heroes-and-villains movie, which would be a real shame.

I've got to admit the character pics inspire a lot of confidence though, especially the bad-ass looking Comedian.

Comment

Silk looks great I love that pic

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            I hope they find a way to make Rorschach's mask shift.
            Snyder has confirmed that this will be a CGI effect.

Comment

They also nailed the sleasy feel of The Comedian, where is the good Dr ? have there been any shots at all ?
              Last edited by dvdmike; 09-03-2008, 21:21.

Comment

I'd imagine that Dr. Manhattan will be kept a secret so his arrival is unexpected to people that see the film with no prior knowledge of the novel.

Comment

They'll make him GREEN instead of BLUE.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                    I'd imagine that Dr. Manhattan will be kept a secret so his arrival is unexpected to people that see the film with no prior knowledge of the novel.
                    And thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised if HE is a CG as well. He was semi-transparent in the book even before he starts walking through things and what not, so that's all the excuse they need to pump some unconvincing special effects into the proceedings in lieu of an actual human actor.

Comment

That wifey looks suitably svelte, enough to get the nerdlingers wapping one off over grainy Knock Off Nigel-sourced footage.

Comment

Latest news is The Black Freighter is being released on dvd (animated) just days after the Watchmen film hits cinemas (due to be spliced into the film upon its full dvd release 4 months after).

And take a look at this tremendous 1940s Minutemen photo ...

Comment

If they are going to all the effort of releasing a film version of The Black Freighter I'm feeling more optimistic about the Watchmen film now.

That group shot above looks like a panel from the novel come to life.

Comment

Trailer

Comment

Holy sh*t! That really does look VERY faithful to the novel.

Instantly top of my films I'm most looking forward to seeing list.

Comment

Incredible. Cant wait. Thats all.

Comment

Working...
                                X