No announcement yet.

Childhood TV - joy, wonder and awe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's lots of fights going on at once - you see humans vs the X-Seijin, Humans vs the Kaiju as well as the main event of Godzilla vs the Kaiju lineup and him saving the world. There's as much human kickoff as there is non-human as the story also follows what's going on with the alien invasion as well.

There's a wicked promo of it here:
    The Credits is the Motion Picture Association’s online magazine, a hub for interviews and stories from behind the scenes, focusing on how your favorite films and television shows are created.

Making of:
    Last edited by Saurian; 12-01-2005, 16:00.

Comment

I gotta see this movie.

No chance of a western release though I suppose...I'll have to get the JAP R2 release when that comes out.

Comment

I tried to find out as much as I can through work - it looks as though there still isnt an overseas distributor - there is a subtitled print floting about but getting it is ridiculous.

Kitamura's other films have been fansubbed - hopefully we'll see a fansub soon *prays*

Comment

I knew Saur was gonna end up pimping Final Wars in this thread

Transformers The Movie was hype when I was kid, but I was even more pwned by the Soundtrack!!!

*sings "You Got The Touch"*
          Last edited by spagmasterswift; 12-01-2005, 16:29.

Comment

Speaking of ninja films i used to love the American Ninja movies. Michael Dudikoff pwded!!!
            Used to practice beating the crap out of each other with buckets on our heads .

Early Van damme stuff was ace too. Also basically anything with Bolo, Now i break you like i break your friend *points to knee* =) , classic.

Had a real thing for the girl in The Never Ending Story as a kid and that wolf thing used to **** me right up.

LOL at Sloth he rulez (well he would if he was still alive).

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
              Transformers The Movie was hype when I was kid, but I was even more pwned by the Soundtrack!!!
              Absolutely. Still get one or two of the songs stuck in my head from time to time

Last week it was `Hunger` 8)

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                Twilight Zone the movie.
                Argh ! That film creeped me out, but I loved it.

I'll never forget that creepy bunny rabbit that kids uncle pulls out of the magicians hat - 8ft tall, mad eyes, and nasty pointy teeth

That and when the kid puts his sister into the TV and she's chased by all those tripy cartoon demons. Someone was definately on an acid flashback making that (interesting fact, the little girl went on to become the voice of Bart Simpson - now how scary is that ?! )

And then there's good old Dan Aykroid "You wanna see something really scary ?"

edit :- Evil scary Bunny ! Argh !!
                Last edited by Spatial; 12-01-2005, 18:27.

Comment

80's film soundtracks were so hype. They would get you PUMPED UP. It was like if you hummed one of the songs to yourself you would gain all of the powers of the super hero (as long as you kept the music going!). I am surprised I did not really hurt myself as a kid, jumping down stairs and trying to kungfu all the bigger guys in the playground.

Comment

The film that really **** me up when I was little was Nightmare on Elm Street, I found it so amazingly scary that I've still not seen it again!

Stephen King's IT was a 2-part series that blew everyone away at school, everyone was talking about how scary it was. I felt really left out as I found the whole thing really borring. Damnit.

Films I loved when growing up, not including films that have already been listed...
                    Short Circuit 1 & 2 (Johny 5 is alive!)

Annnd my brain has just melted. Sorry

Comment

I loved Flight of Dragons when I was a kid... still do, in fact. It's quite imaginative, and the book it's based on is fruitloop.

Comment

Ah, finally got home. Was stuck in Bognor and was walking back (10 bloody miles from home!) but thankfully I got hold of my brother to pick me up. Phew?

Anyhoo? what an incredible and unexpected response! So many films and memories mentioned here you couldn?t even begin to imagine the smile that is slapped on my face. Awww, wonderful stuff

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                        Drop Dead Fred - Rik Mayall's first (and only) Hollywood film, tanked on release but has gained a cult following since on both sides of the pond. Still makes me wet myself when I watch it now
                        Oh my god! I saw this when I bought Willow and Dark Crystal. It was only ?11! I picked it up with the other two to buy but sadly, stupidly, regrettably, decided against it at the last minute because I wasn?t sure if I could spare the cash. Ah how I regret that. I need to buy that.

?She?s got cobwebs!? ? heh, classic.

Though I remember always being a little disappointed at the end when he doesn?t seem to remember the girl.

Originally posted by Tom Salter
                        Gremlins. Best film series ever >_<

Probably the film that I loved most as a kid, and still love to this day, is The Lion King.
                        Awww Gremlins. I was hoping someone would mention that, and look and behold, quite a few people have ^_^ I remember that the first Gremlins used to scare the crap out of me. The bit near the end when a man gets attacked by the Gremlin in the Christmas tree *blinks* *shudders*

Gremlins 2 wasn?t as scary though was far more enjoyable to watch. My god I need to see them again. Havent seen them for years. They were shown on TV recently but I sadly missed em.

As for The Lion King. Ditto Mr Tom. My favourite Disney and probably my fav animated cartoon. It?s beautiful to watch and superbly implements a lot of humour with some truly powerful and heart-wrenching moments. Also it has one of my favourite villains of all time (aside Whesker from Resident Evil) Scar.

Originally posted by Zapp$ter
                        I would definitely have to pick up Willow, Labyrinth, Gremlins and the Goonies
                        "Heeey, you guuuuys"

hehe. Ah I remember that well. And his Super Man t-shirt!! I think that is one I would rather not watch again though if truth be told. I loved it so much as a child, though feel a lot of that enjoyment wouldn?t be present if I watched it today. Hmmm? ah bugger? now I?m going to have to re-watch it to see what I think.

Originally posted by disco-tom

Indiana Jones Trilogy
                        Ghostbusters 1&2
                        Back To the Future Trilogy
                        Amen to those Mr! I have the Indiana Jones Trilogy on DVD. Admittedly havent actually watched them again yet? but? just the thought of knowing I have them in my collection is more then enough to satisfy. Classics they are. And classics they?ll remain. I would like to purchase the Back To the Future trilogy eventually though?

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
                        I used to watch Big Trouble in Little China an unhealthy amount. That film was funny as hell and had those three elemental dudes with the wicked hats!!!
                        I loved this! Though it didn?t quite have the same impact when I watched it recently? Still great though. I always cheer when the Raiden-looker likse appeared on screen? but also always felt a little disappointed after because I wanted to see them do something truly awesome.

Originally posted by Mad Gear
                        Had a real thing for the girl in The Never Ending Story as a kid and that wolf thing used to **** me right up.
                        hehe. Me too! I cant remember much of what happened? though the things which are on the top of my head are the two evil statue things which kill everyone who tries to pass them? and that wolf thing?s expression when he had his/its ear scratched! Oh how I had nightmares?

Oh, and of course Moonwalker! The thing that sticks firmly in my memory though is the bunny-Michael Jackson. Also... and quite worringly... I always got confused at the part in the bar (just before he sung Smooth Criminal) when they all start randomly having orgasms? hmmm?

----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Ghostbusters definitely.

Plus the song was the first single I ever owned. Got it for Christmas when I was 10.

Comment

sentimental lady that I am, I liked that film with the little robots who help rebuild those 2 old peoples building. lots of little robots. cant remember what its called though

Comment

Batteries not included?

Comment

Batteries not included?

Comment

Working...
                                X